Is this a disease?

jalilu(Sunset Zone 23/24)December 27, 2012

Hi

My DR caudex, purchased last June, is not looking good. Could it due to excess of rain? I also noticed a sort of spider web at the base of leaves (red spiders?). These were turning yellow. I treated that with a mix of biological soap, methanol and sunflower oil.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Tolip(Tropical)

It's clearly evident that the base of the stem is partly rotted. When was this picture taken? Seems like the plant is in the sun, which is a good thing. Is the plant actively growing? If it is, there's nothing to worry as I believe it's on it's way to recovery. But if it's not then I would recommend that you take the plant out of the pot and wash off all the soil from the root and hang it up to dry for about two weeks. There after make sure the rotted part is clean and dry before potting it up again.

Hope this helps.

Bookmark   December 28, 2012 at 4:27AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jalilu(Sunset Zone 23/24)

Thank you for your reply Tolip. The picture was taken yesterday. There are still some green leaves. I am not expecting much growth in this season because the temperatures are in the 50-68 range. Maybe too much rain caused the caudex to rot. Since then, I moved the plant to a place more protected from the rain.

Bookmark   December 28, 2012 at 8:15AM
More Discussions
Few Sources In USA for Adenium....Why ???
Not only am I frustrated...but more than a little disgusted...
bronxfigs
Adenium leaves turned yellow and all fall off
One one of my adenium plants leaves has turned yellow...
Chris705743
A hearty hello to everyone!
Hello everyone and welcome to all the new comers in...
kodom087 z9a
We lost USDA zones in conversion to new site.
Sadly, I cannot see how to list our USDA zones under...
jedobaTX9b
Twins!
Two plants from the same seed! I didn't know that could...
Andrew
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™