new seeds

swiningerDecember 4, 2013

My very first seed pod just opened. I'm wondering how long do you wait before planting or can you plant right away

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
greenclaws UKzone8a

The fresher the better so I would sow asap...not that I've ever had a flower yet, let alone a seed pod! I've had seed from the US and off ebay UK that has sprouted in as little as 3 days, so they can sprout quickly.
Gill UK

Bookmark   December 5, 2013 at 9:51AM
swininger

I have started from seeds before and they have flowered..but ive always got my seeds from Thailand and the are really dry do didn't know if I should wait or not...thanks for your reply I ll get them planted today

Bookmark   December 5, 2013 at 10:03AM
swininger

I have started from seeds before and they have flowered..but ive always got my seeds from Thailand and the are really dry do didn't know if I should wait or not...thanks for your reply I ll get them planted today

Bookmark   December 5, 2013 at 10:24AM
swininger

Bookmark   December 5, 2013 at 10:25AM
greenclaws UKzone8a

Hi again, for bought seeds you do need to soak them for a couple of hours before planting, but I guess with super fresh ones off your plant they should be fine...just keep the mix moist at all times till they sprout...come back if you need any more info ;) Good luck!
Gill UK

Bookmark   December 5, 2013 at 6:36PM
More Discussions
Yellow DR
I know this is not an unusual one but it has brighten...
kitnor
Rinoa Chen seeds
Hello, good afternoon! Has anyone bought seeds of Rinoa...
Relve
A hearty hello to everyone!
Hello everyone and welcome to all the new comers in...
kodom087 z9a
Adenium almost 'two meters' height
I have this obesum since 2010, she was one of the first...
Relve
Awesome Colour
This is the first time this dr plant blooms. It blooms...
koi3300
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™