HAVE: African violet leaf/plantlet Round Robin!

debbya_gw(z4IL)February 21, 2011

I'm ready to start this again-- I've done this so many times in the past (you can check old threads for our successful round robins.) This is the best way to trade leaves, plantlets for the price of postage!

Let's start a Leaf, plantlet AFRICAN VIOLET EXCHANGE box again! Sign up here--

I'll start it-- with 25 NAMED varieties, all clearly labeled, named!

What will you add? Whatever you have extra- plantlets, leaves- you won't know what's in the box until it arrives! What a wonderful way to get extra plants/leaves- for the price of postage! Make sure you replace what you took! That's the only rule, plus adding named varieties of course! ;)

The box should have at least 25 NAMED varieties at all times, if you feel more generous (or need to make room on your shelves, add more) I'm sure someone will appreciate and give a good home to your babies/leaves!

I loved doing this in the past- and had to rebuild my collection, slowly to do so. I lost my Mom to a bloodclot. She went in the hospital for a small surgery, and ended up dying from a clot. I lost my collection due to overwatering/underwatering everything. I would love to have my collection back-- so hopefully some of you are growing what I lost. I previously had all the Silverglades- if you have a few, add them to the box, hopefully a leaf or two will somehow make it back to me. I'll have the box come home a few times for 'refreshing' and hopefully I'll find a few of the varieties that I lost.

Are you in? If so sign up! Let's take signups for a few weeks- check the weather and see if the box is ready to go out! The box must travel priority with delivery confirmation (so we can track the box.) You should have the box NO more than 2 days if possible-- also post here when the box arrives, and goes out so we can keep track.

Let the fun begin-- planlets/leaves for the price of postage, what a wonderful way to increase your collection! You'll never know what to expect inside the round robin box! :) Hopefully, LOTS of old varieties, you never know what's growing in a shelf/basement!

Let's have several of these this spring, early summer- fall, I'll host them!

Deb

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
debbya_gw(z4IL)

I'll update the round robin each day. I have info for~
Patricia H.

Please send your info directly to my email. Da1763@aol.com
This round robin isn't going to start until it warms up, so you still have plenty of time for signups. I'm thinking about starting it in March if temps are ok to ship safely.

Deb

Bookmark   February 22, 2011 at 1:05AM
debbya_gw(z4IL)

I should clarify- possibly end of March shipping if weather permits. I can't wait to get this started! ;)

Deb

Bookmark   February 22, 2011 at 1:10AM
debbya_gw(z4IL)

Wow, I thought this would of did really well. Usually we have so many that love swapping leaves/plantlets in a round robin! I'm starting to wonder if- no one's checking the forum because it's still chilly in many areas. We won't send the box out until spring- so we still have a month before it does go out.

Hopefully- we get more to participate!

Deb

Bookmark   February 26, 2011 at 1:49PM
pattykay_gw

Hi Deb, If you are not having any response maybe you should try posting about the round robin on the discussion page. Some may not check the exchange page thinking that it is too early or too cold yet. Just a thought. Patty

Bookmark   March 1, 2011 at 8:29PM
debbya_gw(z4IL)

Hi,
We had a round robin through garden web for several years, this year it did not work out, sorry.

I'll try again in the Fall..

Deb

Bookmark   May 1, 2011 at 5:30PM
littlehelper(7b)

Put me on the list for fall. I just saw your post. I only have a couple of named but I start most from seed. PLMK

Bookmark   May 1, 2011 at 9:31PM
dkgresh(6)

Please include me on your round robin list. It sounds like lots of fun!

Bookmark   May 24, 2011 at 3:26PM
suecirish(6 SE MA)

If you do end up planning a swap for the fall, please include me on the list. I am growing a bunch of named babies from leaves right now. I should have some ready to go by then. Thanks!

Bookmark   July 17, 2011 at 9:53PM
ima_digger

Deb, I've participated in the past, and I'm ready again. I wasn't prepared earlier this spring, but by fall, I'll be raring to go.

Bookmark   July 21, 2011 at 6:45PM
debbya_gw(z4IL)

I'll start a new thread with in the next few days for our FALL violet/named LEAF/plantlet swap!

Deb

Bookmark   August 13, 2011 at 6:48PM
ima_digger

WOO HOO===can't wait.
I need more violets. ;D

Bookmark   August 13, 2011 at 7:07PM
suecirish(6 SE MA)

Yeah! Looking forward to it!

Bookmark   August 14, 2011 at 10:14PM
ima_digger

Just want to know if the box was shipped yesterday. I'm second on list, and I can't wait. I'm over-anxious. LOL

Bookmark   September 13, 2011 at 9:21AM
More Discussions
WANTED: seafoam&firebird
would any one have these two their from Granger Gardens...
parr
HAVE: Have Fiery Sunset Leaves for multiple people!
Contact me if you want leaves from this plant.
aviolet6
wanted: miniature av trade?
Hello, Just wanted to see if anyone wanted to do a...
kaityinoregon
WANTED: Wanted: swap of a double red for a double pink
Have plantlet of Midnight Sun, which is a semi double...
fortyseven_gw
HAVE leaves & starter plants to trade
Will trade my leaves or small plants for some of yours...
tabb
Sponsored Products
Area Rug: Flicker Ivory 5' 3" x 7' 6"
Home Depot
Modern Style Wooden Floor Lamp with Round Table And Fabric Shade
ParrotUncle
Medley Decorative Rod & Finial Set
$14.99 | zulily
Domi Cherry Satin Nickel Sconce
$157.50 | Bellacor
Landmann Big Sky 32 in. Round Fire Pit Cover - 29300
$39.99 | Hayneedle