WANTED: Violet cuttings for postage.

goatgirlaMarch 19, 2014

My grandmother had hundreds of violets with a ton of variety. I used to have plants started from many of those cuttings. But in college I ended up in a basement apartment, and too broke to create fancy artificial lighting. Eventually I gave away most of my violets, because they just weren't happy in a cave.

I finally have a house with decent lighting, but my grandmother passed away a few years ago, and her violets are gone. I am hoping some of you kind souls will send me some of your leaves, so that I might start up growing them again. The weirder the better. :)

They would be a reminder of happy memories from a family where those were too few and far between. So I would appreciate it a great deal. Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
fortyseven_gw

Welcome to the Garden web page for African Violets :o)

If you do have African Violet plants for trade, you should set up your trade page.

Otherwise, there are vendors who will sell you leaves at moderate prices. For example, go to Optimara.com and click on Selective Gardener.

Bookmark   March 24, 2014 at 12:44PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
AnneCecilia z5 MI

Hi Goatgirl, I'd be happy to share some leaves with you. Where are you located? I'm in northern lower Michigan, where it is still wintry and cold. Email me and we'll see what we can work out when the weather warms up a bit more (surely it has to, right?)
Anne

Bookmark   March 29, 2014 at 7:45AM
More Discussions
wanted: wanted~older av's
Looking for memories! Had these [and many others!!!]...
Rosie1949
wanted: have av plants
I've never traded, but I have several starts of Ma's...
aseedisapromise
wanted: fall round robin..
It would be neat if we could do a few Fall round robin's... I'll...
debbya_gw
HAVE leaves & starter plants to trade
Will trade my leaves or small plants for some of yours...
tabb
wanted: african violet box trade/new swap.. spring! 2014
Our other swap is doing ok- so I wanted to try another...
debbya_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™