WANTED: varigated or odd violets

gypsygirl_ky(il)June 2, 2006

My neighbors mom lost her whole yard to tornado a month or so ago. She also lost a very envious violet collection. A lot were varigated and some were off flowers on them. She had a great collection, but a kerosene lamp fell off her hutch durning the tornado and spilled oil all over her houseplants. She lost nearly everyone to that or the storm. I have given her everything I could divide from my yard and would like to try to help with her violets, as wal mart doesnt sell varigated and neither do any local sources. Her house is almost back together and I would like to see if I can get some leaved started for her. (I dont grow violets myself, but I used to, so I know how to start leaves) I am willing to trade seeds off my list or send me a link to your seed list and I will see if I have anything on it. I appreciate.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
irina_co(z5 CO)

gypsygirl-

I sent you a direct mail - did you get it?
(kerosine/tornado in a header)

Irina

Bookmark   June 6, 2006 at 3:04PM
lisa_in_idaho(z5/6 ID.)

I CAN HELP.. YOU CAN LOOK AT MY PLANT LIST AND PICK WHAT YOUDE LIKE..:)IF THERE AVAILABLE

LISA

Bookmark   July 8, 2006 at 1:19PM
lovescritters

I can help, too. I have a mini African Violet that is varigated and beautiful with single white w/pink tinged flowers. (i'm sorry, I have lost the name). I also have regular sized variagated w/double pinks. Maybe your Mom can tell me what they are when she sees them. Please let me know your address and I'll be very happy to send them. How do you put a list up? I'm new here. Regards, Dar S.

Bookmark   July 11, 2006 at 8:51AM
More Discussions
HAVE: Our Wedding African Violet in exchange for a promise
This offer is closed for now. I will probably post...
summersunlight
HAVE: Variegated African Violet
I have small plants from the AV pictured below available...
alaskanamazon
WANTED: Miniature African Violet Leaves
Hi! I am wanting to try my hand at African Violets...
kaityinoregon
wanted: wanted~older av's
Looking for memories! Had these [and many others!!!]...
Rosie1949
HAVE leaves & starter plants to trade
Will trade my leaves or small plants for some of yours...
tabb
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™