WANTED: Photos and Questions

cajunkisses2007July 4, 2007

Hi all you AVG lovers. I have a few photos and questions for your expert opinions. Photos are clickable to get larger view.

First one is a noid I rescued from a girl that had it in a windowless dark room with only a shop light hanging above it. The crown on it is VERY tight and the leaves hard. I have it sitting in an east window now and finally see a few buds starting to peek through. Is there anything you suggest I can do for it?

Second, here is a pic of my first babies :D My question is, should I cut the mother leaf free now and leave them to grow in those pots (yogurt cups) or should I repot them on wicks? Is it too soon to repot or should I wait? Okay guess that was more than one question sorry LOL.

Thirdly, these are some tiny trailers a kind person sent me. They are growing now in small dixie cups. Do I repot them on a wick in a pot one size up now?

Ok that's it for this post. Sorry to get long winded. I'll post more in another one. :) Thanks for your tips and opinions.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cajunkisses2007

Sorry posted in the wrong part of the forum, dumb blonde! LOL

Bookmark   July 4, 2007 at 12:05PM
whisst(zone 7)

hiya about the babies, as soon as you get some definate baby leaves very carefully pull up the plant and see if the leaves have roots. If they do repot them in their own pot and take the mama leaf and try it all over again. If your lucky she might give you more babies! good luck! I also would like to know what you would like in trade for a couple of leaves of the mystery plant! Please email me with information.
thanks whisst
whisst

Bookmark   July 11, 2007 at 5:07PM
cajunkisses2007

Thanks for you comment on the babies. On one of them I have just cut the leaf off close to the bottom but left the babies attatched. Is that okay to do? Or should I wait till they are bigger and remove the remainder of the stem?

Sent you an email on the trade.

Bookmark   July 11, 2007 at 5:59PM
More Discussions
WANTED: Small round robin
Is anyone interested in doing a small RR? Maybe five...
Linda
WANTED: African Violet Rose Bouquet
wanted small plant - will pay!
LindainAlaska
wanted: interesing av blog with photos
Deleted because posted in the wrong section. This post...
fortyseven_gw
WANTED: Box of mixed gessie cuttings for plantlets!
I can do 2 boxes of mixed gessie cuttings- Primulina...
debbya_gw
wanted: wanted~older av's
Looking for memories! Had these [and many others!!!]...
Rosie1949
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™