WANTED: Mini african violet seeds or starts

indianaplantlover(6)November 5, 2013

My son is homeschooled as all my kids have been but he is the final one. He has taken an interest this year especially in my love for house plants. I have a few african violets and he is interested in the mini versions we see sometimes at Lowes. Does anyone have seeds they would be willing to part with for postage as for now I have nothing to trade? Not picky, any color or shape is fine. Just need some things to get him started with. Would do small starts of plants if it's not the wrong time of year to ship.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dlsorchids(6-A)

Hey I just took the time to look at the exchange forum and I found your posting. Now I'm fairly new to violets myself but back in July I purchased some leaf cuttings to grow. I do have one mini to is actively growing 2 babies. I know there not seeds but I do have this mini that has 2 babies growing side by side. If your interested I'd be more than happy to help out. I fully appreciate a sperated family and can respect tight budgets and all that. If your interested email me and let me know. My personal email is dlsorchids@yahoo.com I can send you a pic of what to expect with the flower color and also send a pic of the plant you would receive. Have a good night. Oh and just put in the header of the email "violets" so I don't mistakenly delete it thinking its junk mail.

Dan

Bookmark   November 16, 2013 at 9:17PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
fortyseven_gw

Hi Indiana
I don't have minis, I do have some leaf starts with the tiny plants attached of standard size AV's. Your son could see how they plants grew from the leaf, and then have the experience of separating the babies and potting them. I will send you an email. If you are home during the day, probably weather is not going to be a major issue as the delivery trucks are usually heated.
Joanne

Bookmark   November 25, 2013 at 1:27AM
More Discussions
wanted: african violet box trade/new swap.. spring! 2014
Our other swap is doing ok- so I wanted to try another...
debbya_gw
WANTED: trailing violet leaves plantet's in exchange chimera Sun
I am looking for trailing violet leaves or plant let's...
minal
WANTED: Wanted: swap of a double red for a double pink
Have plantlet of Midnight Sun, which is a semi double...
fortyseven_gw
WANTED: Wanted - Optimara Devotion
I lost Optimara Devotion over the winter, does anyone...
BrunildaFl
HAVE leaves & starter plants to trade
Will trade my leaves or small plants for some of yours...
tabb
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™