Little Ottawa Girl

aviolet6(7)November 16, 2012

Like this one.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Taxonomist3

I've been on Facebook too much when I'm looking for the "Like" button for these pictures!

Bookmark   November 17, 2012 at 12:12AM
terrilou

Wow! So pretty and well grown.

Bookmark   November 19, 2012 at 7:56AM
Begonia2005(7)

This is gorgeous. Now the question is where is it available? This one and little moonstone are absolutely beautiful.

Bookmark   November 20, 2012 at 2:34AM
aviolet6(7)

Thanks. I don't remember where I ordered the leaves from. It's an optimara variety but I checked the selective gardener site where those are sold and don't see it there. You could check eBay, or if you remind me I can send leaves in spring. I don't have extra leaves from it now, because like many of my plants it got too much light, lost some leaves, and stopped growing. Doing better now, but still small.

Bookmark   November 20, 2012 at 8:54AM
perle_de_or(Zone 7)

I have one sending out some buds now. Its still a very young plant, so I already disbudded it once hoping for more growth. In fact, when my friend sent me the tiny plant a couple of months ago, it had a lot of buds even then. So, I think it will be a great bloomer.
I also love Little Moonstone but don't have one yet.

Bookmark   November 26, 2012 at 4:46PM
daniel.edmondson

If you check out bloomlovers.com Tina has about 6 of the small Optimara variety for sale now. You can get the leaves for $2.00 for 2 or bare root starter plant for $4.00 plus the shipping. She has Little Ottawa, Little Cheyenne Girl, Little Azurite, Little Amethyst and Little Ruby. She is just across the border in Canada but she brings them across and mails them . I have always been impressed by the plants she sends and she always has sent 4-5 extre leaves when I order. She sells on e-bay, but her other web sit is better a bigger selection and the shipping is cheaper

Bookmark   March 27, 2013 at 8:12AM
More Discussions
Clutter and combatting it
glass So, This will perhaps be the 5,000 GW discussion...
fortyseven_gw
little moon stone (images)
This AV plant is actually quite large. The flowers...
jujujojo_gw
Newbie at AV
I rescued this AV a few months ago, it was pretty sad...
loveofbostons
Another newbie question
If the Rob's Combustible Pigeon has 3 sports and another...
frankielynnsie
Silverglade's Pennies or Chariots
Does anyone have a leaf or clone of Silverglade's Pennies...
littleblackbat
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™