Ok, took the plunge, converting to wick watering
I finally did it. I've been trying to decide whether or not I want to convert my collection to wick watering, and after a winter of not being able to keep up with the watering, and seeing wilty, shrinking plants, I had enough. I got tired of fighting low humidity and the fan I have to keep running to minimize PM, and having to spend two or three hrs hand watering each plant... only to have to do it again in two days. I began the process of converting them all. I'm about half done, I think. I had about 6-10 wicked, and they've been doing much better than the non-wicked ones, so that was my deciding factor.
I did decide to go with individual reservoirs when possible. It just seemed easier to arrange, and safer in the long run. So, here's hoping for less stress, for them and for me, and actually being able to see some of these bloom!