Max Maas African Violet Named 'TINA'

marc1967February 9, 2010

Dear Sir or Madam: I have been thoroughly searching for a source to obtain a leaf of the Max Maas African Violet named 'TINA' without any success. I found a website in Wisconsin and Canada listing this variety but they both apparently are no longer in business. Do you have any sources or suggestions to obtain of leaf of this variety. Thank you so very much for your time and consideration...

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
fred_hill(6)

Hi,
I'm checking with a friend to see if she may have it.
Fred in NJ

Bookmark   February 9, 2010 at 8:03PM
fred_hill(6)

HI Marc,
I have located leaves for you so if you send me your address in a private email I will pass it on to her. Just be aware that they won't be shipped till April or May when the weather is warmer.
Fred in NJ

Bookmark   February 9, 2010 at 10:19PM
minimac(6 So In. Louisville Ky)

hmmm, interesting..... Forgive me if I'm wrong here, but Fred don't waste your time. I've been looking for Tina in all my vendors and can't find it, (not saying there isn't one). So, then I did a google search and sure enough there are two references about 'Tina'. When I clicked on it MY computer said ALERT, then all this other stuff came up to press this or that to run a check, and to press something else so my computer would be protected. I think this is a scam. Don't even go there. It's very confusing to try and get out of, and you have to repeat it several times to get out of it. Ran into this on another violet site. You will see some kind of shield. Don't click on it!

Sooo, Marc, just Google it - Good Luck.

Mac!

Bookmark   February 9, 2010 at 10:42PM
fred_hill(6)

Marc.
There is a Tina and I have contacted the person who has leaves of it. If you are still interested in getting it, I can get it for you without any problems or computer glitches. Email me privately.
Fred in NJ

Bookmark   February 10, 2010 at 4:59PM
robitaillenancy1(zone 5)

Fred,

I suggest you make up a bundle of all of Max Maas hybrids and send them to a popular commercial. That's what I am doing with a lot of my leaves. When a commercial has the leaves, they will spread them and keep them in the public eye.

Nancy

Bookmark   February 13, 2010 at 12:37PM
More Discussions
NOID single blue thumbprint
just got at HD. similar variegation on both, except...
petrushka
miniature and varigated african violets
Where can I buy miniature and variegated African violets...
miriamb60
Clutter and combatting it
glass So, This will perhaps be the 5,000 GW discussion...
fortyseven_gw
garden web/ houzz ??
three things: am I on garden web or houzz now? why...
pembroke
Top Dollar And Tommie Lou
I read that Top Dollar was one of the original 10,...
lucky123
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™