Miniature AV Christy -- description?

alenka(6)February 10, 2008

I'm looking for a description of a plant I recently bought at a local nursery (mostly I'm curious who the hybridizer is). It's a a miniature AV, and it was marked as 'Christy'. It has holly-type leaves, and smallish single, a bit wavy, star shaped red flowers with wide white edge.

I know it's a long shot (I couldn't find it on AVSA website, and googling didn't help either), but I thought I'd ask anyway. Thanks in advance!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
itsdeb(6a)

I looked in the FC2 database and it does not have a violet named Christy. There is one named Christi. Here is the description.
Christi (L. Ray) Semidouble dark coral-pink. Variegated pink, cream and green. Semiminiature

Bookmark   February 10, 2008 at 4:26PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
alenka(6)

I was hoping someone with FC2 would help out, thank you!
It doesn't sound like my plant though -- it's not variegated (just regular dark green with red reverse), and the white edge on the flowers is so pronounced that it would definitely be in the description. I guess there is always a chance that whoever is growing AVs for that nursery is simply making up names... Oh well, it's still a very pretty plant! Thanks again!

Bookmark   February 10, 2008 at 5:00PM
More Discussions
learning the NEW way
Just trying to find out how to post. Pembroke
pembroke
Newbie at AV
I rescued this AV a few months ago, it was pretty sad...
loveofbostons
Brown leaves
Since this morning I noticed that multiple leaves of...
Hanieh M.
Rob's Humpty Doo
Recently found out this is chimera. First Class didn't...
lilypad22
NOID single blue thumbprint
just got at HD. similar variegation on both, except...
petrushka
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™