Round Robin for Spring?

ima_diggerFebruary 25, 2012

Just checking to see if there is going to be a RR for Spring, this year. I had fun with the last one in the Fall, and I'm looking forward to another. It's a great way to increase our collection for just postage.

I've posted this message in the EXCHANGE forum also.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
suecirish(6 SE MA)

I would love to participate in a Spring RR. I'll keep watching and see if anyone takes it on.

Bookmark   February 26, 2012 at 5:27PM
ocelaris(7a)

what's a RR? Leaves or whole plants?

Bookmark   March 13, 2012 at 3:55PM
oriole6(9b)

I'd like to participate if we get enough people -- also, all I do are semi-mini's, so I'd like to be sure there are plenty of those to trade. : )

Bookmark   March 14, 2012 at 12:00PM
ima_digger

The round robin is usually started by Deb. I haven't seen her posting lately. She usually starts off with a box of leaves. Most people prefer leaves to plants, because of problems with insects in the soil.
The rules for the RR are if you take out six leaves, you replace with six leaves. They should all be NAMED varieties, and no duplicates in the box.

Bookmark   March 14, 2012 at 4:24PM
ima_digger

I just looked at old messages in the EXCHANGE forum and plantlets were also included. So if you have babies to spare, you can include them as well as leaves. It's a great way to increase our collections!!! and for just postage.

Bookmark   March 14, 2012 at 4:34PM
aviolet6(7)

I want to do it too. I need some more leaves.

Bookmark   March 14, 2012 at 11:59PM
debbya_gw(z4IL)

I've started all the boxes for several years. ;)
I've been checking to see if there was any interest in a Spring round robin and am so glad to see there is!
I usually would start this in late April due to the chance of frost/cold temps, leaves arriving frozen, chilled. This year has been the mildest winter on record, and so far we have 70* temps. I hope they stay, and the weather remains stable! I have a feeling we might have a really hot early summer so should take advantage of the perfect shipping temps everywhere.
I'll post a new thread tonight- so please post there (av exchange) Thanks!

Deb

Bookmark   March 15, 2012 at 12:51PM
parr(4)

I CAN'T POST ON THE EXCHANGE SIDE IT WONT LET ME AND I TRIED EMAILING DEB AND THAT DID'NT GO THOUGH EITHER. WOULD LIKE TO JOIN THE ROUND ROBBIN PAT REICHARD E11369 CTY HWY I VIOLA WISCONSIN 54664 EMAIL ECHOVAL@ MWT.NET

Bookmark   March 17, 2012 at 6:44AM
More Discussions
miniature and varigated african violets
Where can I buy miniature and variegated African violets...
miriamb60
Brown leaves
Since this morning I noticed that multiple leaves of...
Hanieh M.
Rob's Humpty Doo
Recently found out this is chimera. First Class didn't...
lilypad22
Happily Blooming
My 2 'O Modesty African Violets are happily blooming...
lola8325 zone5KS
NOID single blue thumbprint
just got at HD. similar variegation on both, except...
petrushka
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™