Thanks you guys....

tweetypye(z8/sc AL)March 5, 2008

For all the wonderful information and encouragement ya'll so freely give on this forum, and especially for the link to Rachael's Reflections. It has been a tremendous help in my first undertaking of dividing an AV with a double crown. I've had this AV for a long time, and it developed two crowns early on. They were about equal in size so, armed with info from all of you here, I divided it today and now have two beautiful av's. Both divisions had ample root growth and should do really well. :) I'll keep you posted on their progress and hopefully will soon get blooms from them also. I also repotted my only mini av today as it was in a much too large pot. When I purchased it, I had no idea it was a mini, just thought it was a baby :) so potted it up in a pot meant for a standard. It should be much happier now in it's own little pot.

Just wanted to let ya'll know that you've helped me out more than you know, and say thanks to you all.

Jan

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
robitaillenancy1(zone 5)

Good for you! Now you have two beautiful plants.

RR is excellent forum especially for people new to violets.

Nancy

Bookmark   March 5, 2008 at 6:12PM
donna_c

Hi, here's another site that I've found to be really helpful. It uses photos to demonstrate how to do things.

Here is a link that might be useful: Illustrated How-to Lessons

Bookmark   March 5, 2008 at 8:00PM
tweetypye(z8/sc AL)

Nancy....I'm not a newbie to growing violets, just a self taught grower. Never thought about dividing a double crown until this forum, so thanks to you guys, I now have 15 violets instead of the 14 I had this morning. LOL

Donna....thanks for the link. I'm sure it'll be helpful to lots of av growers.

Jan

Bookmark   March 5, 2008 at 8:05PM
More Discussions
Another newbie question
If the Rob's Combustible Pigeon has 3 sports and another...
frankielynnsie
Source for 1.5 inch pots, please
Hi, does anyone know where to buy 1.5" pots preferably...
Melody Rose
sooo, what's new?
Got new plants? Trying something different? What's...
froeschli
Give me your best yellow violet
Looking to brighten up my pinks and purples. What...
Tally
Rob's Humpty Doo
Recently found out this is chimera. First Class didn't...
lilypad22
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™