Know of any good pink and green hybrids?

Ceropegia00March 27, 2012

I have a fondness for pink flowers with green edging though I only know of a few varieties (I have Ma's Easter Parade and have had Green Lace in the past)

Can anyone recommend a good hybrid to me?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
fawnee0214(9)

I have "Silverglade Shadows" from Harmony Nurseries. However, I am told that they don't register all their vareities though they have names. So I'm not sure if this one is registered or how easy it is to find.

Anyway, it has plain dark green foilage with large double light pink flowers with a light green frilled edge. MANY (at least to me) pollen sacks in the middle. Around 5ish. More than the two all of mine have.

Besides that one, I know of several Russian vareties. I saw "Winter Smiles" at a show. Very striking. Bright pink and green double frilled flowers. Link for it at Violet Barn is at the bottom.

Lyndon Lyons also carries some more Russians... "Mystic Mermaid," "Mermaid's Kiss," and they also carry "Winter Smiles."

Here is a link that might be useful: Winter Smiles.

Bookmark   March 27, 2012 at 11:33PM
bunnycat(z6 NY)

I agree about Winter Smiles. The flowers are lovely, and the leaves are well-behaved, very quilted and attractive.

A personal favorite is Ma's Corsage. LOTS of long-lasting shell pink green-edged very double flowers. Variegated scalloped leaves.

Bought High School Sweetheart in the late fall (LLG and VB both have it). Very bright pink green fringed flowers. Leaves are very attractive but large. Dark green with a chartreuse edge that matches the edge on the flowers. The leaves are very velvety and ruffled.

Bookmark   March 29, 2012 at 11:21AM
snappyguy

I'm not sure how "frilly" you like your violets, but Optimara EverRejoice is a good one. I've grown it in the past.

Here is a link that might be useful: Optimara EverRejoice

Bookmark   March 29, 2012 at 12:40PM
More Discussions
miniature and varigated african violets
Where can I buy miniature and variegated African violets...
miriamb60
Photographing AV's Question
This AV is a very dark shade of purple in real life...
lucky123
learning the NEW way
Just trying to find out how to post. Pembroke
pembroke
Shirl's Bright Lights
It's first bloom, the blossoms are two tone, purple...
bloodyfrancois
garden web/ houzz ??
three things: am I on garden web or houzz now? why...
pembroke
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™