So, what's blooming over there? (A picture thread)

nmushka(6)April 5, 2011

On this end, a Morning Thunder, received as a leaf last fall, had finally decided to grace the household with a flower!

The birth-marked NOID chimera is still going strong.

This guy looked white when I originally got him. Not only had he turned pink-edged and blue-splotched, but the variegation on the leaves came and went with the seasons.

So, what's blooming over there? ;)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
almax881

Loved the Chimera.

Everfloris Evergrace

Optimara Pennsylvania

Optimara Maine

Belye Nochi

Al

Bookmark   April 6, 2011 at 10:18PM
sallyo2

Those are just beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

Bookmark   April 8, 2011 at 8:53AM
abigail1280(8)

I LOVE looking at everyone's pictures (Must resist the urge to buy more!) Thought I would share my flowers that are blooming right now. My violets are all in need of repotting, and I plan to do so as soon as I'm able to walk again. (Ankle surgery 3 weeks ago) I have a ton of babies that need to be moved in to bigger pots. Can't wait to start on that project.

This is a violet I bought last June and in the entire time I've had it, it's only stopped blooming once, and only for a few weeks. The blooms last forever! I actually bought it at Lowes. I didn't know much about African Violets then, and nothing about all the colors and varieties. This one caught my eye because it was almost white and had some cool looking flowers.

Close up of the flowers:

This is my Buckeye Colossal. I bought it at a greenhouse last summer, and it took a while for it to bloom, but it was well worth the wait.

My Allegro Appalachian Trail. Grew this one from a leaf last year, and it finally decided to bloom this morning.

Bookmark   April 11, 2011 at 12:31PM
andrewofthelemon(7b Central Arkansas)

i really want that allegro appalachian trail!

I have a bloom bud on a russian hybrid, Cherry Patterns, that i hope wil open soon, i will post it when it does.
As i am new, this will be my first bloom

Bookmark   April 12, 2011 at 9:12PM
tnferguson(7a)

This NOID was given to my wife a several years ago. I repotted and began fertilizing it a couple of months ago and it has rewarded me with blooms.

Bookmark   April 13, 2011 at 9:49PM
GrowHappy(z7 MD)

All of your flowers are so very beautiful. Great job!

The you have labeled at "Everfloris Evergrace" is actually "Optimara Evergrace".

Optimara Evergrace(R. Holtkamp)- Single white sticktite frilled pansy/variable medium blue eye, band; light green edge. Medium green, heart-shaped, glossy, hairy, wavy,

Bookmark   April 15, 2011 at 3:59AM
caliloo(z6/7)

I hope you don't mind my jumping in here....

I love the birth-marked chimera, what a lovely bloom! And Optimara Evergrace is just lovely. And Buckeye Colossal... WOW WOW WOW what a beauty that is!

Here are my first couple of AV's.. they are humble beginnings all, either from the grocery store or Lowe's and one was a gift, but they are what got me hooked.

Optimara Romance

NOID from Lowe's

NOID sport from my neighbors NOID

NOID form grocery store - probably an Optimara

NOID from Lowe's will probably open tomorrow

Thanks for looking and if anyone has a guess as to what the NOIDS are I would appreciate it!

Alexa

Bookmark   April 15, 2011 at 8:08PM
irina_co(z5 CO)

Alexa - it is more than hopeless.. out of something like 20000 registered cultivars..just love them as they are

Irina

Bookmark   April 16, 2011 at 11:58PM
More Discussions
Violet Barn?
Has the Violet Barn stopped selling leaves?? I love...
suyoder
Is it possible to make a mini violet out of a regular sized clipping?
This is likely a really newbish question, but hey,...
SnowStorm
Happily Blooming
My 2 'O Modesty African Violets are happily blooming...
lola8325 zone5KS
Newbie at AV
I rescued this AV a few months ago, it was pretty sad...
loveofbostons
Photographing AV's Question
This AV is a very dark shade of purple in real life...
lucky123
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™