New Space Babies

snappyguyApril 1, 2010

Got some new EverFloris Space Baby violets in yesterday that I bought from an eBay store for $9.95 for the lot. They were sold as starter plants but they're much larger than I expected. The pots are their shipping pots. I've since potted them up into 4" pots. One of them even has its' first bloom stalk growing!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
larry_b(Zone5/CO)

I've never had an EverFloris. I go for the small violets and EverFlorises can be large.

Nice haul though and at such a good price.

Larry

Bookmark   April 1, 2010 at 11:25AM
snappyguy

They can get quite large. They're considered large standards so greater than 12" is normal. I really like the large violets.

Bookmark   April 1, 2010 at 11:41AM
fred_hill(6)

I agree that the everfloris palnts are quite large, however all the bloom that I have seen on the series are quite small although plentiful.
Fred in NJ

Bookmark   April 1, 2010 at 5:10PM
snappyguy

The blooms are fairly small. I have NOIDs with larger blooms. I have an EverGrace that I've had for a few months and it seems to always have at least 15 open blooms. I've seen 30+ on it before.

Bookmark   April 1, 2010 at 5:28PM
snappyguy

Here's a photo of my EverGrace. It has a 9" ring around it so it's somewhere around 11-12" in diameter at the moment. It just came out of a heavy bloom phase so it's taking a bit of a break, but I still count 16 open blossoms. Individual blossoms are 0.75-1" across.

Bookmark   April 1, 2010 at 6:34PM
nwgatreasures(7)

Right now, I have about 40 of the Optimara EverPraise. They are in the growth stage depicted in your first picture.

My violets are looking lovely right now...... at least the ones I have worked on in the last day, LOL.

Now that I can sit in the chair for more than 15 minutes AND I am feeling better, my violets are sure to get some TLC.

Dora

Bookmark   April 1, 2010 at 7:29PM
More Discussions
Brown leaves
Since this morning I noticed that multiple leaves of...
Hanieh M.
Blooms on the way!
I was so excited to find these! I haven't had blooms...
suyoder
sooo, what's new?
Got new plants? Trying something different? What's...
froeschli
Top Dollar And Tommie Lou
I read that Top Dollar was one of the original 10,...
lucky123
Mini Violets!
Here's some baby miniatures that I absolutely love....
suyoder
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™