Please help with ID

hankeatApril 18, 2013

I bought this mini variegated Saintpaulia without ID in a self improvement store. Its diameter is about 4 inches and its leaves are only 3/4 inch wide. I hope someone could ID it. Thanks in advance.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
irina_co(z5 CO)

Hankeat -

no way anybody can identify one out of 20000 registered and who knows how many non-registered varieties. Love it as it is - and if you want to have a named one - get one from a reputable seller and hold to the tag.

Very pretty!

Irina

Bookmark   April 18, 2013 at 4:16PM
ultra_violet

The first thing I do with a NOID is save all text that accompanied the plant--stickers, barcode, plastic sleeve, pot, tag, everything--which I examine for the name of a greenhouse/company. Then I search on the internet for the greehouse/company and hope that they have a website with their inventory info. It's always a long shot, and identifying a plant from a photo is not recommended nor guaranteed, but detective work can be fun. So I do hope your plant came with some kind of sticker or tag.

If not, as Irina said, enjoy your very lovely plant as it is!

Bookmark   April 19, 2013 at 10:03AM
irina_co(z5 CO)

Self improvement store...they probably do not have any idea where these AVs came from... If it has a sticker - Product of Canada - it is from Harsters Greenhouses - but I do not think they carry variegated plants. If it says Optimara - it is from Holtkamp greenhouses in Nashville TN - but these plant can be from some smaller supplier.

I.

Bookmark   April 19, 2013 at 12:39PM
More Discussions
Silverglade's Pennies or Chariots
Does anyone have a leaf or clone of Silverglade's Pennies...
littleblackbat
Photographing AV's Question
This AV is a very dark shade of purple in real life...
lucky123
miniature and varigated african violets
Where can I buy miniature and variegated African violets...
miriamb60
little moon stone (images)
This AV plant is actually quite large. The flowers...
jujujojo_gw
Blooms on the way!
I was so excited to find these! I haven't had blooms...
suyoder
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™