Blackbird and Santa Paula Rubiosa

fantasiamm101April 13, 2011

Hi - hoping someone can help with these 2 varieties - I got them from a raffle table but I don't have any descriptions. Hoping someone has a description of these and can let me know what they are. I would appreciate any help - Thanks so much! Connie

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bspofford

Hi, Connie,

Neither of these is listed on First Class2. I also looked at the Saintpaulia species list, nothing there either.

I assume this was a raffle at a meeting or show. Try to track down the donor for more information.

Good luck!

Barbara

Bookmark   April 14, 2011 at 3:10PM
quimoi

There is a streptocarpus named "Blackbird." I don't mean to insult you and assume you know the difference but many AV growers are growing streps.

(Actually, the other one sounded more like something else to me, but I didn't find anything.)

Diana

Bookmark   April 14, 2011 at 4:21PM
fantasiamm101

Hi - Thanks for the suggestions - I did find info about Santa Paula rubiosa - wrong name - I think the donor might have spelled it like they heard it. I got a note from a grower in our club - and she identified it as Santapaulia Rupiosa - Species plant. I checked the description for my plant and yep, that was it. So I found at least one of them. Thanks again! Connie

Bookmark   April 25, 2011 at 4:24PM
fantasiamm101

Just a note to let folks know about our Judged Show and Sale coming up on April 30th at Descanco Gardens. The Show opens from 11 till 4 - after the Judging is completed. The Sales tables will be open from 9 a.m. till 4 p.m. We will also have a Silent Auction with many lovely and useful baskets to bid on. Descanso Gardens is located at 1418 Descanso Drive, La Canada, CA 91011. We should have perfect weather this weekend - so come see our show and enjoy the gardens too!

Bookmark   April 25, 2011 at 4:29PM
m3rma1d(inside)

It's actually rupicola.

And there are 5 different ones:

S. rupicola
S. clone rupicola
S. clone rupicola lite
S. clone rupicola Mather No. 5
S. clone rupicola pale

But they all have the same description..

*does not understand species, but wanted to put this out there for ya*

Bookmark   April 25, 2011 at 7:24PM
More Discussions
Is it possible to make a mini violet out of a regular sized clipping?
This is likely a really newbish question, but hey,...
SnowStorm
Source for 1.5 inch pots, please
Hi, does anyone know where to buy 1.5" pots preferably...
Melody Rose
little moon stone (images)
This AV plant is actually quite large. The flowers...
jujujojo_gw
Photographing AV's Question
This AV is a very dark shade of purple in real life...
lucky123
Mini Wick Pot Solution Found!
My hubby actually came up with this one -- he's like...
oriole6
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™