Fantasy Violet !

sabrebuddyMay 22, 2009

Hi everyone, I have alliance as you know it is a fantasy violet well this time when it bloomed it bloomed soild purple. so I am hoping that someone can tell me how to get the pretty fantasy marking back,Thank's Terri

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bspofford

It's my understanding that it will probably not return to blooming with the fantasy. Iy's a genetic thing, nothing you can do to fix it.

Wicked sorry,

Barbara

Bookmark   May 22, 2009 at 1:29AM
nmushka(6)

You could try taking a couple of the lower leaves (ones near the blooms which bloomed true) and start babies with those?

Bookmark   May 22, 2009 at 9:24AM
vtstar

A while back someone was complaining about their chimera reverting. The suggestion was to basically behead the plant by removing one or two rows of newer leaves. The hope was to "go back" to where it was still blooming chimera and would start some "good" suckers. You could try this on your Alliance plant as suckers can produce blooms quicker than leaf starts. Good luck. Janice

Bookmark   May 22, 2009 at 9:51AM
lilypad22(7)

My fun trail, fantasy, reverted back to purple. Very sad. But I had a chimera that had a solid bloom and I thought it was a gonner, but the next time it bloomed true again. I think you should wait for the next bloom cycle and see what it does and then maybe try some of the suggestions if it is still solid. I had a chimera that had marble leaves and it started growing out all green leaves at the crown, I lopped off its green crown and the new suckers grew out varigated again. Fantasy are unstable and solid happens. tish

Bookmark   May 24, 2009 at 12:56AM
More Discussions
Fluorescent Lighting Questions
Hi Guys.... so i have not been super happy with my...
kaityinoregon
Can't find vermiculite!
Hi all. I moved to a new place and can't seem to find...
aviolet6
Clutter and combatting it
glass So, This will perhaps be the 5,000 GW discussion...
fortyseven_gw
Is it possible to make a mini violet out of a regular sized clipping?
This is likely a really newbish question, but hey,...
SnowStorm
garden web/ houzz ??
three things: am I on garden web or houzz now? why...
pembroke
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™