crowning violet !

sabrebuddyMay 8, 2009

Hi everyone, I have a guestion about one of my violet's it never seemed to like me so I let it crown so I could at least grab a crown off of it. So how long do I let this go on until I decrown it?-Terri

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
larry_b(Zone5/CO)

At a minimum I would wait until you have four leaves of the crown where each leaf is at least as large as a nickle. That would be a minimum. If this is your first de-crowning I would wait until they are larger than that.

Larry

Bookmark   May 8, 2009 at 5:41PM
thominindy(6)

Hey Terri,and everyone, what do you mean by "letting it crown"? What is de-crowning?

Thanks, Thom

Bookmark   May 8, 2009 at 7:31PM
sabrebuddy

Hi Thom, Letting it crown means letting all the little suckers grow and then you have about two or three plant's in one and when you think it is time you separate them by cutting them apart from the mom plant. And put them all in their own pot's. I am relly not sure when to do the separating because I have never let a violet's sucker before.-Terri

Bookmark   May 8, 2009 at 8:03PM
thominindy(6)

Okay, I thought that might be what you were talking about. Suckers are interesting. They can be easy, they can be a pain in the A. Or they can be an opportunity.

Have a great weekend.

Thom

Bookmark   May 8, 2009 at 9:35PM
More Discussions
Messaging, no following
Over on the Antique Roses forum (my other hang out)...
AnneCecilia z5 MI
Violet ID?
Hi Y'all! I was curious what these violets would be?...
suyoder
Another newbie question
If the Rob's Combustible Pigeon has 3 sports and another...
frankielynnsie
Photographing AV's Question
This AV is a very dark shade of purple in real life...
lucky123
Violet Barn?
Has the Violet Barn stopped selling leaves?? I love...
suyoder
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™