AV Pics

hummersteveMay 15, 2008

I picked this guy up about 6mo ago at walmart, just guessing the time period. I basically ignored it , when I first brought it home I didnt just repot and deadhead , I removed the flower stalks. It looked in really bad shape. I was about ready to give up on this thing and toss it. So today I decided to clean this guy up and buried beneath the leaves I found all this plus numerous suckers, a couple of which Im saving. As you can see there are a lot of buds. I really like this plant. I had another plant I had to do the same to but Im afraid I messed it up. Pretty decent shape on this guy considering all the surgery I did on it. When this guy blooms out I will show it again.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cajunkisses2007

Very pretty color on the bloom Steve. She's gonna be a beauty with a little TLC.

Bookmark   May 15, 2008 at 7:44PM
bspofford

Steve, you old softie, nice save. If you blow on the leaves, you too can have perlite all over the place........

I've missed you not posting. I know, I know, you're into hummers.

Barbara

Bookmark   May 15, 2008 at 9:00PM
hummersteve

Hey Barb-- At least the perlite doesnt hurt anything. You should of seen it earlier , what a mess. Im not only into hummers , but the plants it takes that they like. I usually grow from seed , I do buy some , but anyway thats what takes up so much of my time during this time of year. That is also why I dont have many AVs.

Bookmark   May 15, 2008 at 11:10PM
More Discussions
Mini Violets!
Here's some baby miniatures that I absolutely love....
suyoder
Another newbie question
If the Rob's Combustible Pigeon has 3 sports and another...
frankielynnsie
Rob's Humpty Doo
Recently found out this is chimera. First Class didn't...
lilypad22
Happily Blooming
My 2 'O Modesty African Violets are happily blooming...
lola8325 zone5KS
Blooms on the way!
I was so excited to find these! I haven't had blooms...
suyoder
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™