Chimeras-which bloom heaviest?

contrarymarypat(5)June 18, 2010

Hello all,

I love chimeras, especially when they bloom a lot. I have the Alps & Granger Red & White, which both do well. Kumiko used to bloom do well for me, but it has not for several months now, even tho I repotted it.

Does anyone have suggestions for heavy bloomers? Some I am considering are Satin N Lace, Victorian Petticoats, Scuba Diver, Glitter Surprise, Breezy Brea. I really like double or semi-dbl, and love frilly and/or colored edges (don't want much, do I LOL), but am open to all suggestions.

Thank you in advance.

Mary

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
quinnfyre(z7 PA)

My Rebel's Astro Spinner used to bloom all the time, with lots of blooms. It hasn't bloomed since it got a little sunburned and I converted it to wick watering, but it put out a lot of nice new growth and looks like it is about to start a bloom cycle shortly. It's a flashy looking bloom too. I'd definitely recommend it. I had it in a south window when it bloomed all the time. I've since moved it to a higher shelf in the same south window, in the hopes that it will burn less but still bloom a lot. We'll see. It's budding up now.

Bookmark   June 18, 2010 at 2:02PM
snappyguy

My Yukako puts out tons of blooms and has been blooming for several months now. It's still going strong too.

Bookmark   June 18, 2010 at 3:22PM
irina_co(z5 CO)

I second Yukako. Emerald Love - they both have green in them -and the bloom last forewer.

There is an extremely floriferous chimera trailer - Pony Ride - it is a dropper - but who cares.

Irina

Bookmark   June 18, 2010 at 3:47PM
fred_hill(6)

Try Ness' Mini Sota (7647) 11/26/1991 (D. Ness) Single chimera white sticktite pansy/fuchsia stripe. Light green, plain. Semiminiature
If you look in FC2 you can see a picture of my plant.
Fred in NJ

Bookmark   June 19, 2010 at 9:09PM
contrarymarypat(5)

Thanks for the suggestions. I actually have Pony Ride-2 suckers potted up for quite a while but no blooms. I have a small Yukako & it has bloomed but I think I need to repot it, also a sucker of Ness' Mini Sota. They are rooted, but not blooming yet. I moved in Dec and lost several plants. These are alive but not thriving. Any ideas besides repotting?

I have been looking for Emerald Love, but no luck yet. I did purchase 3 tonight: Rob's Lucky Number (leaf chimera), Rob's Magnetic Field & Carousel Pony.

I had Rob's Lucky Ducky at one time, but it died. Hope to have better luck with Lucky Number. I tried for a couple others but did not "win". Probably for the best. I do have a good Rebel's Splatter Kake, and think Astro Spinner is a sport of that, but have not found it yet.

Thank you again! Mary

Bookmark   June 21, 2010 at 12:34AM
contrarymarypat(5)

oh my, got 2nd chance for Satin N Lace - had to take it! I can't wait to see them. In the meantime, I need to evaluate what I have and try to get them to grow better and BLOOM!

Mary :-)

Bookmark   June 21, 2010 at 10:12AM
quinnfyre(z7 PA)

I got my Rebel's Astro Spinner from Violet Barn. It has actually done much better for me than Splatter Kake. I've replaced Splatter Kake a few times from varying sources, and have managed to lose it each time. But Astro Spinner has always stuck around for me. I'm not quite sure why. It is definitely a favorite of mine for this reason, as well as the blooms.

Bookmark   June 22, 2010 at 2:27AM
contrarymarypat(5)

I received my plants yesterday. Woo-hoo!!!! All were in bloom... I tried to remove all blossom stems but that is really hard to do when they look perfect. I carefully unpacked and groomed them. Most went in a saucer on a paper towel as they seemed moist. How long should I wait to repot them? None have wicks and I prefer to wick when possible. Besides the 4 chimeras, I got High School Sweetheart which I have wanted since I 1st saw a pic of it. Thanks, Mary

Bookmark   June 25, 2010 at 1:12PM
More Discussions
Newbie at AV
I rescued this AV a few months ago, it was pretty sad...
loveofbostons
NOID single blue thumbprint
just got at HD. similar variegation on both, except...
petrushka
Red tint and leaves drooping
After moving my AV to a brighter window the leaves...
loveofbostons
wanted: i may be jumping the gun...spring rr
I just cannot wait any longer! Since RRs take a while...
Linda
Messaging, no following
Over on the Antique Roses forum (my other hang out)...
AnneCecilia z5 MI
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™