New to Forum

jeller3677June 12, 2013

Hello,
Thanks for sharing all the info in your posts. I bought 12 leaves over the internet and put them down on 1 May. They came in good shape by express mail and I immediately trimmed and set them into rooting medium. I kept them under plastic for the first thirty days and then set them out on a humidity tray under lights. Eight now have babies emerging as you can see in the photo. Very exciting! All of them are standard size variegated varieties. I also have a token noid and a multiple crown semi miniature given to me by my daughter. I split it up this week into 6 leaves and 4 crowns.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jeller3677

Here is a picture of my crown surgery. This violet is Snuggles Little Dreamer. I got it in Feb and it had a 4 inch neck and horrible leaves. I cut the crown off and rooted it. This made a good looking plant, but with multiple crowns. This week I cut up the new plant and that gave me several good leaves and 4 crowns. They are currently in a plastic top tray until they root. This is first for me but I am optimistic.

Bookmark   June 12, 2013 at 10:36PM
Linda

Jeller,

It looks like you're doing all the correct things. I think keeping them covered with a dome or in a baggie is key. I find bottom heat helps a lot, as well.
Good luck!

Linda

Bookmark   June 13, 2013 at 1:21AM
jeller3677

Thanks,
I forgot to mention, but I did have a bottom heater on the leaves. I just unplugged that this week.

Bookmark   June 13, 2013 at 9:12AM
Linda

I unplugged mine, as well, this week. Yesterday it was 95 degrees; I figured that was hot enough!

Linda

Bookmark   June 13, 2013 at 4:53PM
jeller3677

I put my heat pad under the crown surgery victims today.
Summer has definitely arrived.
Jon

Bookmark   June 13, 2013 at 8:05PM
More Discussions
Happily Blooming
My 2 'O Modesty African Violets are happily blooming...
lola8325 zone5KS
Photographing AV's Question
This AV is a very dark shade of purple in real life...
lucky123
wanted: i may be jumping the gun...spring rr
I just cannot wait any longer! Since RRs take a while...
Linda
Messaging, no following
Over on the Antique Roses forum (my other hang out)...
AnneCecilia z5 MI
Source for 1.5 inch pots, please
Hi, does anyone know where to buy 1.5" pots preferably...
Melody Rose
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™