Do I have the right decision to re pot my AV?

CarmilaJuly 9, 2012

Hello everyone!!!

I been trying to grow AV's for few months now and past weeks the temp at my home is around 31degC during the day, I've decided to bring my AV's at work(for the temp and light). But after this weekend returning to work today Monday, I have noticed my AV looks somewhat wilted and the bottom leaf rotted. I've checked the soil its not wet nor dry just fine.

I am not sure what to do. I want to take it home tonight and replant it,put more perlite and vermiculate mix put it inside a ziploc pastic bag.

Do I have the right decision?

I dont want to fail this time, since I have done so much mistake in the past killing my AV's :-(.

Im located in Taiwan.

Pls. help Thank you .

Carmila

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Carmila

added the AV photo. Do I have a mini AV? sorry not sure of it.

Bookmark   July 9, 2012 at 1:37AM
nyxx(z7 Virginia)

Was it just the one leaf that looked like what is in the top pic? And is the second pic the same plant?

Bookmark   July 9, 2012 at 11:09AM
Carmila

Hi, its the same plant as above total 3 leaves that i removed, i already took it home but still checking some of the previous post on what i can do... I am cheking the other leaves but still no crisp, feels wilted.

Bookmark   July 9, 2012 at 12:34PM
aegis1000

If what you're saying is that the plant is a little soft now, ... then it's probably true that, at some point, you left too much water in the soil after watering.

The plant doesn't look too bad.

If you're patient, and very cautious with your watering (not too much or too little), you may be able to save your plant, though it may take a couple months.

I wouldn't do anything else ... no repotting, no fertilizer, not too much light, just very careful watering.

I've got a couple that I'm babying back this way now, and I've been successful with others in the past.

Takes some time, though. Get yourself another violet to give you more patience with this one.

Bookmark   July 9, 2012 at 12:59PM
Carmila

Very well noted, thank you!!! Hope to have lots of them soon...

Bookmark   July 10, 2012 at 1:37AM
More Discussions
another wicking system
i am pretty pleased that this works! 3.5 oz condiment...
shihtzu4su
African Violets -New to this, need ideas on plants selections!
I recently placed a few orders with PJ's Violets. I...
Marigold33
Beautiful Optimara Modesty blooming pictures - Oh, so beautiful!
O Modesty is so vigorous. It needed no extra care for...
jujujojo_gw
What is happening to my African Violet leaves?
The edges are getting pale and brown and drying up....
louder92
AV cousins.... streps
so i was curious how many of you also grow streps?...
shihtzu4su
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™