lighting

mbjosJuly 16, 2007

Don't think I explained myself well last post. The plant stand I bought is 50hx49lx10D[shelf depth]. Shop lights won't work. To large depth wise. Would under the counter lights work? Fred thanks for the info, should help. I'll keep you all informed of progress. Thanks

Mary Beth

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
irina_co(z5 CO)

Mary Beth -

You can get some kind of light sticks (singles) and get them attached under the shelf. Your shelf is not very practical if you have a big collection, 20" deep is better - otherwise your light is wasted. But if your collection is not that big (for now - they always increase) - and if you find a light enough spot in your room, you can possibly get by with one tube light instead of 2 tube fixture. The advantage is that on this narrow shelf you can display your plants very nicely. Under the counter light will work, just remove the plastic cover - it eats a lot of light.

Irina

Bookmark   July 16, 2007 at 3:39PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
erlyberd(Z5 CT)

Return it and make one yourself. Make three rectangles 48X20" cover them with thin plywood for the shelfs and four legs attached to the three shelfs. Add the lights and your done. Did mine for $80 including lights. I used 1x3's for the rectangles and legs.

Bookmark   July 18, 2007 at 11:23AM
More Discussions
Shirl's Bright Lights
It's first bloom, the blossoms are two tone, purple...
bloodyfrancois
Give me your best yellow violet
Looking to brighten up my pinks and purples. What...
Tally
Another newbie question
If the Rob's Combustible Pigeon has 3 sports and another...
frankielynnsie
Fluorescent Lighting Questions
Hi Guys.... so i have not been super happy with my...
kaityinoregon
Blooms on the way!
I was so excited to find these! I haven't had blooms...
suyoder
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™