largest flower

IrdmutheJuly 31, 2014

does anyone have an opinion about which varieties of A.V. have largest flowers?
I have one blooming right now, that has larger flowers than the polish strep. right next to it.
would like to obtain more of this type.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
quimoi

There are large blossoms that aren't really very nice. The plants can't hold them up. Super Duper is one that is supposed to be big. Gillian is a large white one but there are mixed reports on how well that one does. LE Meri Kei is a Russian that is related to Super Duper. It is big. I've had Arctic Frost get over 3". King's Ransom is another one that gets big.

I would like to try White Queen, a Russian. I'm not sure how big it gets but I think it's big.

I would say check Lyndon Lyons and the Russians for size.

Diana

Bookmark   July 31, 2014 at 2:43PM
Linda

I have a 'Tenderness' that is just beginning its second bloom cycle. The blooms are huge and held well over the foliage. 'White Queen' is not particularly large and 'Gillian' is a shy bloomer.

Linda

Bookmark   July 31, 2014 at 4:48PM
quimoi

Lyndon Lyons lists White Queen as "very large" and the photos I've seen appeared big.

Is that EK-Nezhnost? LE-Sirenevaya Nezhnost looks very pretty.

Diana

Bookmark   July 31, 2014 at 8:28PM
Irdmuthe

My violets all came from leaves ordered from there- but I have lost the names by now.
I will take a picture and show you, the one I have is very pale blue fading to white.
ruffly and full.

Bookmark   July 31, 2014 at 8:33PM
quimoi

I hope someone else is good at identifying them. A lot of them are starting to look alike to me :) It sounds very pretty though.

Diana

Bookmark   August 1, 2014 at 9:54AM
perle_de_or(Zone 7)

Lyons Magic Charms, Kristi's Spunk, and Nancy Leigh all have huge flowers for me. My LMC is a sport, doesn't have the fantasy, but is a beautiful periwinkle blue color. Nancy Leigh is a good plant, but tends to be light sensitive, so I keep it in lower light. Picture is my LMC sport.

Bookmark   August 2, 2014 at 9:13PM
quimoi

I once had a Lyon's Magic Charms I loved. I'm hoping to get another good one. I had Nancy Leigh and it was nice too.

Diana

Bookmark   August 3, 2014 at 12:04AM
More Discussions
Mini Violets!
Here's some baby miniatures that I absolutely love....
suyoder
Photographing AV's Question
This AV is a very dark shade of purple in real life...
lucky123
Rob's Humpty Doo
Recently found out this is chimera. First Class didn't...
lilypad22
sooo, what's new?
Got new plants? Trying something different? What's...
froeschli
Brown leaves
Since this morning I noticed that multiple leaves of...
Hanieh M.
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™