Time to transplant this trailer?

maguiretrots(8)July 29, 2012

This is a Rob's Willawong trailer. I don't remember why I transplanted it into this 1.5" Oyama, but maybe because it seemed small rooted at the time. I don't know that it is particularly root bound right now, but do you think it is time to move it to a 2.5" Oyama? I certainly don't think it's ready for a 3.5" Oyama. I removed some bleached lower leaves, but should I put a teeny score on the stalk to encourage it to branch or just wait and see? I've read stuff about trailers online, but I'm still uncertain how to proceed.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
robitaillenancy1(zone 5)

Rob's trailers are fairly new. For older trailers, we are told to pinch out the center two or three leaves to encourage branching. They say for the newer trailers that pinching is not necessary, that we should just let mother nature take its course.

Is your plant rather new? I would just keep it as it is and let it develop on its own. I wouldn't move this plant up a pot size until roots have completely taken over in the soil.

Nancy

Bookmark   July 30, 2012 at 12:01PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
maguiretrots(8)

I received it back in may, so it is still fairly new. I will keep it in there until it's a lot bigger.

Bookmark   July 30, 2012 at 1:53PM
More Discussions
sooo, what's new?
Got new plants? Trying something different? What's...
froeschli
Is it possible to make a mini violet out of a regular sized clipping?
This is likely a really newbish question, but hey,...
SnowStorm
miniature and varigated african violets
Where can I buy miniature and variegated African violets...
miriamb60
Reducing a collection in size
Not saying I have to do this yet, however, what I would...
fortyseven_gw
Source for 1.5 inch pots, please
Hi, does anyone know where to buy 1.5" pots preferably...
Melody Rose
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™