Flowers Wilting

Poisonivy33July 13, 2012

I want to know what exactly is wrong with my plant. I take care of other plants such as Cosmos, Sunflowers, Petunias, Eggplants and a cactus. But this plant isn't looking that good. I have another African Violet and it has no flowers at all.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
aegis1000

Your plant looks fine.

The blooms will fade.

Be sure to give your plant some sun/fluorescent light ... and it will bloom again.

Bookmark   July 13, 2012 at 11:48PM
tommyr_gw

Blooms don't last forever! It's normal for them to die out. Your plant looks fine to me!

Bookmark   July 14, 2012 at 12:51PM
Dan796(6A)

If you give your AV any sun at all it should only be early morning sun before 10:00 am to keep from scorching their leaves. Bright light, or indirect sun like sun that's reflecting off a white backround)is the usual recommendation.
And the soil should be evenly moist after watering, not kept soggy or bone dry, but an AV likes to get almost dry between waterings. If you find that the peatmoss in your AV mix has gone bone dry, use about 1 tsp of liquid dish detergent per gallon of water for your plants. It will wet the peatmoss almost instantly, So you'll need less water per plant, makes nutrients more avalable to the plants roots, and helps to kill any bugs in the soil also.
I've found that detergent (a surfactant) and water will not harm any plants in the many years I've used it.

Bookmark   July 19, 2012 at 11:28AM
More Discussions
Top Dollar And Tommie Lou
I read that Top Dollar was one of the original 10,...
lucky123
Mini Wick Pot Solution Found!
My hubby actually came up with this one -- he's like...
oriole6
Clutter and combatting it
glass So, This will perhaps be the 5,000 GW discussion...
fortyseven_gw
Newbie at AV
I rescued this AV a few months ago, it was pretty sad...
loveofbostons
Miniature african violet drooping badly
I recently bought a miniature african violet at a violet...
bluedahlia5
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™