Oyamacare

bragu_DSM 5August 23, 2013

So I've got this one AV that is resisting change.

I told him that I am repotting him, and he is going into an Oyama pot. He said he didn't want to go under Oyamacare. He's been listening to the radio, and all the talk in Washington about death panels. He's scared, and it shows.

Well, now that he's got his feet wet, he's deciding he does not want to change. He went from needing a wheel chair to being placed in ICU under a tent/baggie. The prognosis is not good ...

All his cousins have made the transition. They like Oyamacare ... except for one strep...

Or, have y'all heard this somewhere before?

*scratches head* damn, this sounds familiar ...

ÃÂ.ÃÂ --~

dave

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Linda

Dave,
Repeat after me--"Plants are individuals, just like people. Plants are individuals, just like people." ALL African Violets will not thrive under the exact same conditions. The growing methods we all know-light, water, etc., are guidelines not rules to be rigidly adhered to. You have to experiment to see what conditions a cultivar, and even an individual within that cultivar, will respond to. Apparently, Oyamacare is not for him. Don't force it on him. (I hope Washington is listening). But I digress...

Linda

Bookmark   August 23, 2013 at 12:53PM
More Discussions
Another newbie question
If the Rob's Combustible Pigeon has 3 sports and another...
frankielynnsie
Violet ID?
Hi Y'all! I was curious what these violets would be?...
suyoder
Source for 1.5 inch pots, please
Hi, does anyone know where to buy 1.5" pots preferably...
Melody Rose
learning the NEW way
Just trying to find out how to post. Pembroke
pembroke
Shirl's Bright Lights
It's first bloom, the blossoms are two tone, purple...
bloodyfrancois
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™