Rob's Pink Buttercups

whistlermtAugust 31, 2007

Hello lovely Violet people...I was wondering if anyone has had trouble with Rob's P.B.? I have a little set up at work where I have three of his mini's blooming beautifully, but the freebie that he sent me has not bloomed even once! R.P.B. seems to really get bunchy if he's near the light, so I've tried covering him with a postit note which was okay, but ugly so now he's hiding under two of my standard NOID's. Like I said I got him as a freebie from Rob about 8 months ago and he has yet to produce anything, all the other mini's that I ordered at the same time are on there second round of blooms. Any suggestions? Here's some pics of my set up, click the thumbnail to go to a larger image.

Thank you!

Katie

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
whistlermt

Sorry for the double post...

Bookmark   August 31, 2007 at 5:26PM
bubbledragon(15642)

The only thing I can think of is to try repotting it. If it's been 8 months, dig the plant up, check out the roots, make sure that it doesn't have a long neck under the soil, etc. If you're desperate to see some bloom, I'd also give some bloom boosting fertilizer a shot. This could also cause bunching of the foliage, so don't do it for too long.

I just find some varieties take longer to come into bloom. Especially as younger plants? Rob's Zoot Suit I've had for 9 months now, and I've only seen 2 measly blooms so far, but right now it seems like it's building up some buds, so I think some just take patience.

Bookmark   August 31, 2007 at 6:09PM
robitaillenancy1(zone 5)

Maybe if you drop it from a two story stairwell...

Actually "they" say to tap the root ball on the table, or squeese the root ball to snap it into action.

If you repot it, that should be enough handling. Bet in 6 weeks after repotting you'll have a bloom.

Nancy

Bookmark   August 31, 2007 at 8:39PM
jobear446

I have had more problems with Rob's violets than any other. Either they throw suckers and don't bloom or root rot, or just get pretty foliage and that's it. I do have some that are doing well. But the ones that are not really disapoint me.

Joanne

Bookmark   September 7, 2007 at 8:45PM
More Discussions
Photographing AV's Question
This AV is a very dark shade of purple in real life...
lucky123
Reducing a collection in size
Not saying I have to do this yet, however, what I would...
fortyseven_gw
Nice vendor
Today I received an order from Fancy Bloomers in NJ. She,Donna,...
fortyseven_gw
Newbie at AV
I rescued this AV a few months ago, it was pretty sad...
loveofbostons
Another newbie question
If the Rob's Combustible Pigeon has 3 sports and another...
frankielynnsie
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™