Looking for White Blooms

nwgatreasures(7)September 10, 2008

When I decided a few weeks ago to be selective in what I add to my collection, I also decided that I want some white blooming plants.

I'm looking for Southern Sugar (because I saw this in full bloom and fell in love with it)

I'm also looking for suggestions on which white blooming AVs (preferably mini, semi mini) you have on your favorites list.

I like ones that bloom a lot and frequently.

Any suggestions?

Dora

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bspofford

It's a standard, but Nancy Leigh gets my vote. Large full double blossoms with a blush of pink in the center, and very floriferous, long lasting blooms. Arctic Frost is also a standard, large double blossom that last forever.

Barbara

Bookmark   September 10, 2008 at 2:09PM
lilypad22(7)

I have Gehr Lollipop. Supposed to have a hint of yellow but mine is white double bloom and it blooms alot. Also it is listed as a mini but mine is a small semi-mini size. I really enjoy it. A lot of people love milky way trail, it's often on the favoriets list but it didn't grow or bloom well for me. I'll probably try another one from another source sometime.

My favorite whites are standards: A friend gave me a Gillian starter plant, took forever for it to start blooming but now that it has, it hasn't stopped. They are huge white double flowers. My friend said hers was blooming all year long without stopping. It was beautiful. I had Cool Mint which I loved, it bloomed all the time, the foliage was varigated with white, bloom double with a hint of green around the edges. Another friend had Rapsodie in White and it was very pretty, she gave me a sucker and mine has not bloomed yet although it's been long time it should have...I'm trying bloom buster now.

Bookmark   September 10, 2008 at 6:19PM
robitaillenancy1(zone 5)

There are many white mini/semi minis available. Christening Gown, Lemon Tart (some yellow), Baby Dear, Ballet Taffy, Beca's Green Touch (some pink in center), Ballet Snow Cone, Mystic Green, Little Katherine, Vespa Verde, Petite Blarney.

Nancy

Bookmark   September 11, 2008 at 3:37PM
More Discussions
Is my African Violet in Shock?
Last night my little sister accidentally knocked my...
Lauren7
Propagate and Sell Registered AVs?
I am getting into propagating and growing AVs and was...
mojosavage
What is happening to my African Violet leaves?
The edges are getting pale and brown and drying up....
louder92
How can I get my AV's to bloom?
I started a few AV's from leaves. They are big enough...
zzackey
backyard greenhouse advice welcome
Hello All, Does anyone have knowledge of backyard greenhouses?...
fortyseven_gw
Sponsored Products
Chalice LED Night Light Floor Lamp
Lamps Plus
Tommy Bahama White Goose Down Comforter
Overstock.com
Large Size Modern Concise Round Wood Acrylic Flush Mount
ParrotUncle
Stonegate Designs | Nova Pendant Light
$871.92 | YLighting
Whitehaus WHKN1080 White Ceramic Oval Above Mount Bathroom Sink Basin
$269.00 | Blue Bath
Glomar Track Lighting 1-Light PAR30 White Gimbal Ring Track Lighting Head
$15.99 | Home Depot
New Geometric Village Made Baluch Runner Hand Knotted Wool Blue Area Rug Free Pa
BH Sun Inc
Yellow Micro & White-Trim Club Chair & Ottoman Set
$99.99 | zulily
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™