Violet ID

bill_ri_z6b(Zone 6B)September 25, 2009

I grew this plant from a leaf I got a few years back from a family member. I was wondering if anyone knows the name of this one. It's a regular size, not a miniature and blooms constantly, not seasonal.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
inlovewithhoyas(Boston,MA Z6)

I got one that looks just like that. They are really pretty, but just as yourself I don't have an id for it. I bought it @ stop and shop and they don't usually have tags in them. I'm pretty sure someone here will help you ID it.

Nae boston

Bookmark   September 25, 2009 at 6:02PM
maidinmontana

Hi Bill~
Very pretty AV. I love the color. Sorry I can't help with the ID either, but I wanted to comment on how crowded the plant looks. It may just be the angle, but it appears there is an awful lot of leaves coming from all directions. Have you ever re-potted it?

The experts will probably jump in and correct me, just goin by what I see.

Maid~

Bookmark   September 26, 2009 at 7:40AM
bill_ri_z6b(Zone 6B)

Maid,
It is looking almost straight down. I have just repotted it about two months ago. All the leaves radiate out from the center forming a very even round, flat shape and the flowers are filling the center. Almost looks like somebody arranged a bouquet.

Bookmark   September 26, 2009 at 3:57PM
ima_digger

Many violets look alike, so it's impossible to find its real name. Most bought in stores are not named. It is a beautiful plant and you can give it a special name of your own. I have many NOIDs and I name them Eileen's ******. If I trade or give them away, I tell the person that they are NOIDs.

Bookmark   September 27, 2009 at 12:30PM
More Discussions
Rob's Humpty Doo
Recently found out this is chimera. First Class didn't...
lilypad22
Nice vendor
Today I received an order from Fancy Bloomers in NJ. She,Donna,...
fortyseven_gw
Is it possible to make a mini violet out of a regular sized clipping?
This is likely a really newbish question, but hey,...
SnowStorm
Mini Violets!
Here's some baby miniatures that I absolutely love....
suyoder
little moon stone (images)
This AV plant is actually quite large. The flowers...
jujujojo_gw
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™