I have problem and I need help

daniel.edmondsonOctober 8, 2012

I need some help, what am I doing wrong.I have this plant [L E Blue Skirts (Lebetskaia) (Globe Lubbock)] a Russian standard. I have had it for about 4 months and it is doing good , its growing and it has never given me any problems. Now it has developed pale strange shaped splotches on its leaves. I have uploaded a photo, they kind look transparent. Its mostly on the older leaves and the new leave are dark and ok. Does any one have a suggestion to solve my problem

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
daniel.edmondson

here is a second photograph to help you see it better

Bookmark   October 8, 2012 at 2:35AM
aegis1000

I would surmise that it is something cultural going on.

Too much/too little light, food, water, inconsistent temperature, water droplets on the leaves, lack of humidity, etc.

Shouldn't be anything of great concern, ... unless you are growing to show (i.e. compete).

Bookmark   October 8, 2012 at 8:00AM
nyxx(z7 Virginia)

Over watering, too much fertilizer, water that has chlorine in it. Since you have had the plant for four months and this is a recent occurrence I think over watering can be ruled out unless you have changed how you do that lately. Had it been that you probably would have seen signs before now. Try not fertilizing for a bit. It is always a good idea to start a leaf of any plant you value imho. So you always have a back up. Not to mention the shear joy of "I did that". I don't think the this plant is in mortal danger. Just won't be pretty, for awhile. I could be wrong. Have been before. It's a learning process for all of us.

Bookmark   October 8, 2012 at 10:31AM
irina_co(z5 CO)

Aha - I looked around - and the list is long - and they all look the same - sunscald, drafty window, too cold, cold water used for watering, cold water drops on the leaves - and there is one I didn't hear before - zinc deficiency.

Anyway - I have a plant - Santpaulia confusa - that grows like a moppy weed it is, blooms all the time - annd always develops yellow spots with yellow veins. What it wants - I do not know - and it doesn't pass this spotting t the neighbours.

You have your plant for several months - and leaves live for a year - so if there were some unlucky curcumstances to damage the leaves - the plant will grow out of it.

I.

Bookmark   October 8, 2012 at 2:49PM
More Discussions
NOID single blue thumbprint
just got at HD. similar variegation on both, except...
petrushka
garden web/ houzz ??
three things: am I on garden web or houzz now? why...
pembroke
Messaging, no following
Over on the Antique Roses forum (my other hang out)...
AnneCecilia z5 MI
Another newbie question
If the Rob's Combustible Pigeon has 3 sports and another...
frankielynnsie
sooo, what's new?
Got new plants? Trying something different? What's...
froeschli
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™