Meeks Reddy African Violet

calshaye(3)October 28, 2013

Hi everyone, I haven't posted much for a while and still new to gardenweb, but I really love all the information available for everyone and especially newbies like myself.

Ok, I have a Meeks Reddy plant and I do not know anything about it at all and would appreciate any information on this AV. The one I have is blooming for the 1st time. It is a young plant so I don't know what future flowers will be.

Any help would be great! Thanks...Dixie

Meeks Reddy 1

Meeks Reddy 2

Blossom on Meeks Reddy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
calshaye(3)

No feedback yet, did I post this in the right forum? I was hoping for some info on this AV but no responses yet....If anyone knows about Meeks Reddy I would really appreciate some help. Thanks, Dixie

Bookmark   October 29, 2013 at 11:48AM
irina_co(z5 CO)

Dixie - yours looks like semi-mini to me.

I found the seller on ebay who sells :
Meeks Reddy Baby: Semi miniature trailer, dark green, dark red, double, R. Meek

Doesn't seem that yours is it - it is a very pretty violet - but it is mislabeled.

Enjoy it as is and if you know the person you got the violet from - you probably can track the true name.

Irina

Here is a link that might be useful: Meeks Reddy Baby

Bookmark   October 29, 2013 at 1:15PM
calshaye(3)

thanks irina, I agree with you now that I looked @ photos. thanks for finding info and pics I appreciate it! Dixie

Bookmark   October 29, 2013 at 1:20PM
irina_co(z5 CO)

It looks actually as one of the Rob's semi-minis.

Bookmark   October 29, 2013 at 3:17PM
calshaye(3)

Hi irina, not sure what this AV actually is but it is very pretty and yes, I did have help with transplanting my violets so it very easily could have been mislabeled. Now the question is what did I do with the meeks reddy I had...., lol

So hard to tell but may end up getting baby on ebay. I love little trailers. Is there a Rob's website to compare pics of AV's and possibly come up with name? If so do you have the link? If not I can do some searching and see what I can come up with. Thanks for all your help :) Dixie

Bookmark   October 30, 2013 at 8:12AM
bunnycat(z6 NY)

Rob's site is the violetbarn.com. If you don't find a match because he currently isn't selling that one, try googling "African violet Rob's" and you will get tons of hits. He has been hybridizing for decades.

Bookmark   October 30, 2013 at 8:48AM
calshaye(3)

Hi irina, not sure what this AV actually is but it is very pretty and yes, I did have help with transplanting my violets so it very easily could have been mislabeled. Now the question is what did I do with the meeks reddy I had...., lol

So hard to tell but may end up getting baby on ebay. I love little trailers. Is there a Rob's website to compare pics of AV's and possibly come up with name? If so do you have the link? If not I can do some searching and see what I can come up with. Thanks for all your help :) Dixie

Bookmark   October 30, 2013 at 1:06PM
calshaye(3)

Hi Bunnycat, thanks so much for the info, I will do that very soon and see what I can come up with....excited to see all the results!

~Dixie~

Bookmark   October 30, 2013 at 1:24PM
Linda

Cal,

If you think this was mislabeled during transplanting, check on the others as they bloom. You might find another with a wrong label and maybe there are just the two that have been switched. Been there, done that, too. ;)

Linda

Bookmark   October 30, 2013 at 2:47PM
bunnycat(z6 NY)

Any chance you kept the invoices from your purchases? Or even your wish lists with check marks for the ones you ordered?

Bookmark   October 30, 2013 at 3:37PM
More Discussions
Clutter and combatting it
glass So, This will perhaps be the 5,000 GW discussion...
fortyseven_gw
Another newbie question
If the Rob's Combustible Pigeon has 3 sports and another...
frankielynnsie
Silverglade's Pennies or Chariots
Does anyone have a leaf or clone of Silverglade's Pennies...
littleblackbat
garden web/ houzz ??
three things: am I on garden web or houzz now? why...
pembroke
wanted: i may be jumping the gun...spring rr
I just cannot wait any longer! Since RRs take a while...
Linda
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™