cleaning a rock
I recently bought a lovely piece of rainbow Jasper for my 30 gallon. As per the store clerk's instructions we put it in a mild bleach solution last night to soak (a small splash of bleach in a gallon ice cream pail with water). It gave us a nice little serenade for some time as it hissed and fizzed as water was taken up into all the little pores in the rock. SO my issue is this:
If it took a long time for the bleach water to impermeate all those tiny little pores, to what ends must I go to make sure all that bleach water is completely removed after? Being winter I cannot exactly go out and turn the garden hose on it. Do I soak in rinse water and resoake and resoake? Thanks in advance.