Sky Diver

kal2002October 22, 2008

Does anyone know the true colors of Sky Diver? Mine are blooming blue on one plant and pink with blue spots on another.

Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
irina_co(z5 CO)

Sky Diver
Semidouble light blue and white mottled ruffled pansy/variable yellow. Dark green/red back. Standard. Hybridizer Sorano.

looks like there is a trailer Skydiver, pink with blue fantasy.

hortiplex.gardenweb.com/plants/jour/p/65/gw1092765/58849993760020.jpeg

Here is a link that might be useful: sky diver - standard

Bookmark   October 22, 2008 at 7:50PM
irina_co(z5 CO)

Aha - here is the description of the semi-mini trailer

Sky Diver (Pat Tracey) Single pink pansy/purple fantasy. Bronze green/red backed. Semi-miniature trailer (User Database)

Bookmark   October 22, 2008 at 7:54PM
kal2002

So there are 2 Sky Diver's? I think mine are the trailers based on their growth patterns. They came from the same leaf. I have a few more babies to grow out from that same leaf. I wonder what colors they will be.

Bookmark   October 23, 2008 at 1:57PM
irina_co(z5 CO)

Keep the pink with blue fantasy - the other one is a sport. If you try to keep only named plants in your collection - you can always give away the sport to the friends and neighbours.

I.

Bookmark   October 24, 2008 at 3:16PM
fred_hill(6)

Hi,
Here's the official description of Sky Diver which can be found in FC2. First Class lists only one so if your plant is different from this description, it has sported or is not Sky Diver.
Sky Diver (S. Sorano) Semidouble light blue and white mottled ruffled pansy/variable yellow. Dark green/red back. Standard
Fred in NJ

Bookmark   October 24, 2008 at 9:42PM
irina_co(z5 CO)

Fred - you are right - this is the standard one registered - Sky Diver by Sorano.

There is as well a semi-mini unregistered trailer by Pat Tracey - seems like it is spelled Skydiver or Sky Diver in different posts - and it is single pink /purple fantasy.

That's a pity that not every good hybrid gets registered. Such a confusion with names and descriptions...

Have a nice weekend

irina

Bookmark   October 25, 2008 at 7:38PM
kal2002

Thanks for everyone's help. Here is an update of my two Sky Diver trailers. They are both either semi-double or double and they have dark green leaves. The blooms are getting too heavy to be supported by the stems so they droop over the leaves. The blue one is more of a darker blue with a little white. Pretty interesting. They are both pretty in their own ways. When I got the leaf, I was hope for the variable yellow. Looks like I will have to get a leaf from a plant that has bloomed yellow before.

Bookmark   November 3, 2008 at 2:59PM
More Discussions
Source for 1.5 inch pots, please
Hi, does anyone know where to buy 1.5" pots preferably...
Melody Rose
wanted: i may be jumping the gun...spring rr
I just cannot wait any longer! Since RRs take a while...
Linda
miniature and varigated african violets
Where can I buy miniature and variegated African violets...
miriamb60
Violet Barn?
Has the Violet Barn stopped selling leaves?? I love...
suyoder
Fluorescent Lighting Questions
Hi Guys.... so i have not been super happy with my...
kaityinoregon
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™