Store bought large snails
Don't remember the different names...but I buy a couple of snails from PetSmart three times a year.
I have little algae in my tank and so buy algae tablets...I'm going to wash little pieces of vegetable and leave in for a few hours...I bought those white tablets you put in for 10 days when you are away....my point is the snails never live more than 6 months max. What in the name of heaven am I doing wrong? I've been told I might be starving them...hence all the efforts made to feed them. I use no salt in the tank...no fluids or pills in the tank except for the Stress liquid that I put in with every weekly 1/6 of tank water change I also use the plant iron liquid...Leaf something sold in the large plastic bottle according to directions...I have slowly turned my tank from all plastic plants to real plants. Ammonia is close to zero...heat is in the middle of the range...Ph is 7.6 I have not checked the other minerals...could that be the problem?
Please tell me what I'm doing incorrectly.