Bewildering Behavior of Black Moors

albert_135(Sunset 2 or 3)April 28, 2012

Wife has an aquarium, about 50 gallon perhaps, with four Black Moors. Two perhaps 2 inches and two perhaps 3 inches.

One of the larger ones was laying on the bottom at one end of the tank looked as if it were dying. Water tested OK but the fish laid there all day so we moved into a 10 gallon isolation.

Twenty-four hours later the isolated fish is swimming around in a healthy manner and all three of the others are laying on the bottom at the same spot at one end of the big tank most of the time. They do sporadically move around normally.

What are your thoughts?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
albert_135(Sunset 2 or 3)

After about 8-12 hours hovering in the bottom corner they have all gone up and been swimming around normally for about 8 hours now. Go figure.

Bookmark   April 28, 2012 at 6:36PM

I found a another forum where someone suggested they may be laying eggs. Where is it described how black moors lay eggs?

Bookmark   May 1, 2012 at 3:16PM

They are NOT laying eggs.

It may be ammonia levels. A dipstick test for ammonia shows it is in the "stress" level. But this creates more questions than it answers. Three aquariums handled the same. Why does one have elevated ammonia? Three black moors in each tank. Why does the large one show symptoms and the two smaller ones not show symptoms?

Bookmark   May 11, 2012 at 3:14PM
sbrow156(Cairns QLD Australia)

They could be stressed or have a swim bladder problem. I used to have black moores and they would act like that when they were stressed. I also lost a few to swim bladder problems and they would float upside down at the bottom and look dead and then get up and swim normally up the right way again...then a week or so later they would die :( Hope thats not whats happening with yours.

Bookmark   September 4, 2012 at 1:19AM
More Discussions
Blackmoor changing colors
One of my blackmoors has been developing the most unusual...
asleep_in_the_garden
+91-9780225275 vashikaran specialsit molvi ji +91-9780225275
+91-9780225275 vashikaran specialsit molvi ji +91-9780225275...
Harsh Dev
My Aquascape 375 round fronted tank
I have done several 5ft Aquascapes but this was the...
keithgh
Black moor problems
My black moor had one of his eyes pop out, so I started...
jill1979
Stupid Walmart, i want to cry
I hate my walmart even more now than i did before....
Cheart99
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™