New AV Club in Barnesville, Georgia

lilypad22(7)November 18, 2007

There is a new african violet club starting up early next year. If you live anywhere near Barnesville, Georgia and are interested.. There should be information soon on the AVSA website or you could email me. I think it's great that more people are interested in growing violets!

tish

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
fred_hill(6)

Tish,
Good luck with the new club. It's encouraging to see that a new club is being established and not disolved.
Fred in NJ

Bookmark   November 18, 2007 at 8:14PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lilypad22(7)

Thanks Fred. Yes, that's what I was thinking, great to have a new club establish. We are having a hard time getting new members join our New Hope Club, 98% of our club members are veterans of 30 plus years and a few of it's members came over from the desolved Tara Club. One of our members was asked to do a talk/demonstration on African violets at a garden club. Some garden club members were so interested, they wanted to start a new club in their area. I was invited to the Barnesville "start-up" meeting and I will be a member of two clubs as they will be meeting different days, it will be about an hour drive to the new club but it will be fun starting from basics. I think 2 or 3 of us will be going to both club meetings. At least for a while to get it established. tish

Bookmark   November 19, 2007 at 9:24AM
More Discussions
When will the leaf cuttings send out new growth?
I potted up 4 leafs in 4 small pots. Actually they...
tlbean2004
Announcing the "germination" of my "Miniature African Violet Tree
The project is not complete yet, but I think it has...
Bill
Looking for miniature AV culture advice
Boy, that title should open me up to a comment or two....or...
Bill
Propagate and Sell Registered AVs?
I am getting into propagating and growing AVs and was...
mojosavage
Copied from the Seed Exchange, explains reason for new Houzz format
The story none of us were told. kchd(7b/8a MS)February...
fortyseven_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™