please help! my betta stopped eating!

sarah_and_judeJune 28, 2008

I just bought a male betta fish about two weeks ago and he was doing totally fine until yesterday when he stopped eating. He's still really active but he won't eat and he's taken to hiding in the little castle I put in his tank. When I try to put betta pellets in his tank, he either spits it out and swims away or doesn't even try. Then, he'll swim back up to where the food is, look like he might try to eat it again, and then swim away. I have him in a 1 gallon (I think) tank with a water pump that just sort of circulates the water. Any advice you have would be appreciated very much!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
thewanderer

how much are u feeding him? they eat very little,just 2-3 pellets a day.feed one at a time.to make sure he eats it.has he pooped?if not u can try a cooked frozen pea.it has to be a frozen pea thawed out and shelled,then mash it up and give him 1/4 of it.this will help him poop.after this u can feed him 5 days fast on the 6 day feed pea on the 7 day.the pellets may be to big try crushing them,giving him betta flakes,blood worms,brine shrimp.i'm new to keeping bettas too.go to ultimate bettas.com good site.or betta talk.com.

Bookmark   June 28, 2008 at 9:23PM
sarah_and_jude

I still can't get him to eat. I tried changing his water, giving him different food (betta flakes), but he still doesn't seem to be eating. I tried the pea, which he ate, though he spit a little bit of it back out. He does the same thing with the flakes. He only eats one or two, then spits a little bit of them back out.

Bookmark   July 2, 2008 at 2:15PM
rascy

Whats the water temp ?

It sounds like a water problem not food. Are you changing some of the water ?

Try changing some water (24 hour aged water or dechlorinated dont overdose on dechlorinator) .

Bookmark   July 3, 2008 at 2:48PM
More Discussions
Weird Betta Behavior
Hey y'all. I have a question about my betta. He has...
tighebettalover
Interested in getting into aquaponics ...
The common freshwater yabby (Cherax destructor) is...
Skie_M
Blackmoor changing colors
One of my blackmoors has been developing the most unusual...
asleep_in_the_garden
split leaf philodendron in aquarium
I would like to plant a split leaf philodendron (monstera...
nlbennert
Plants for new freshwater aquarium
I want to set up an aquarium in my new home. I think...
RocksAndRoses
Sponsored Products
Elements Stainless Steel Three-Light Clear Spectra Crystal Wall Sconce, 15W x 6H
Bellacor
Sylvania Ceiling Mounted Lighting 3-Light Flush Mount Ceiling Old Bronze LED
Home Depot
ELK Lighting Circeo 18130/2 Wall Sconce - Deep Rust - 11W in. Multicolor - 18130
$210.00 | Hayneedle
AICO Furniture - Villagio 12 Piece Dining Room Set in Hazelnut -...
Great Furniture Deal
Safavieh Handmade Heritage Nir Blue Wool Rug (8' Round)
Overstock.com
Lindenwood Sofa - NATURAL
$1,899.00 | Horchow
Modern Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Lanart Rugs Martha's Vineyard Chocolate 4 ft. x
Home Depot
Hamilton Jet Black 12-Light Jet Black Heritage Handcut Crystal Chandelier, 30W x
Bellacor
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™