I'm a new Aquarium Owner

meghan2June 26, 2007

Hi All,

I love fish and always have. I just got a tank a few days ago and have been doing a lot of research since then. I really like this forum, so here I am. I'm gonna get my fish today, if all the water levels check out okay, and I'm really excited....just wanted to say HI :)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
woeisme(z7b NC)

Welcome, If you haven't added any products like "Cycle" or similar. Your water levels (if you mean Ammonia, Nitrites and Nitrates) should be fine. The only thing you should need to add is a water conditioner that removes chlorine and other toxic chemicals. Take it slow and consider as fishless cycling method. This will save you alot of aggrevation and be alot quicker in the end. Good Luck, here are a few useful links.

Here is a link that might be useful: Read the first 3-5 articles first

Bookmark   June 27, 2007 at 8:40AM
petiolaris(Neutral)

Welcome to tropical fish! I would purchase an Ammonia/Nitrite/Nitrate test kit and monitor the Nitrogen Cycle, starting out with one cheap fish.

Bookmark   June 27, 2007 at 8:50PM
meghan2

Yeah, I'm gonna get the kit...I don't want any fish to die...so I'm waiting for all the levels to be good.

Thanks !

Bookmark   June 27, 2007 at 9:46PM
petiolaris(Neutral)

Feeder Guppys are monetarily expendible. And you'l be one up on the typical annual and typical Christmas present (10 gallon setup), with the dad who has about as much knowledge of the hobby to be dangerous, confused and impatient with the biochemistry that takes place. Then they get mad at the petshop owner for selling them bad fish!

Bookmark   June 28, 2007 at 8:03PM
More Discussions
Black moor problems
My black moor had one of his eyes pop out, so I started...
jill1979
Aquatic Plant ID
Hi, I have an aquarium, and awhile ago we put live...
Jessie Tyler
split leaf philodendron in aquarium
I would like to plant a split leaf philodendron (monstera...
nlbennert
+91-9780225275 vashikaran specialsit bangali baba +91-9780225275
+91-9780225275 vashikaran specialsit bangali baba +91-9780225275...
Harsh Dev
55 Gal Salt Water Aquarium for Sale
The 55 gal acrylic aquarium includes: (4) fans, (1)...
Chavezoe
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™