any bettas in nyc!!

teamsrJuly 16, 2006

IM A BEGINNER BREEDER AND IM LOOKING FOR PEOPLE THAT ARE IN NYC THAT CAN HELP OR GIVE SOME TIPS.. EVERY BETTA BREEDER I SEE ON THE INTERNET IS FROM WEST BUBBLE AND IM IN SEARCH OF PEOPLE THAT BREED OR ARE JUST INTO BETTA FISH THAT ARE IN NYC... SO IF YOU ARE THAT PERSON THAT IS INTO BETTA FISH OR BREED OR WOULD EVEN LIKE TO TRADE EMAIL ME AT TEAMSWIMMINROOSTER@YAHOO.COM

LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING FROM YOU OR SEEING YOUR POST

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
birdwidow

Try a websearch and I'll bet you will find lots of freshwater fish clubs and aquarist societies in the NY area and virtually all of their members will be breeders.

If there are no Beta breeders in whatever club you join, you will nevertheless have access to virtually all of the best FW aquarists in your area including prize winning Beta breeders, because those who are really into it know everyone else, and that is where and how you will really connnect; by networking locally.

If you want to get into breeding, you are smart to look for others, because you need to start with the very best stock you can afford.

Your babies will only as good as BOTH parents, so you MUST start with DAUGHTERS of top winning males, and not make the common mistake of buying fancy males, then just picking up females from wherever.

There are some exceptionally fine show breeders in the US and most of them will ship, but you will still need someone nearby as a mentor, so again: look for a local freshwater fish club.

Good luck!

Bookmark   July 21, 2006 at 4:09PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
david713

hey i might not kno alot about bettas but i do know something i have 5 males and im about to buy females so my email is d-man713@hotmail.com OK

Bookmark   September 16, 2006 at 1:27PM
More Discussions
Anyone use crushed granite for gravel ??
I was thinking of using a product that would normally...
big_al_41
Is my Betta sick?
I've had my Betta fish for over 2 years now. Recently...
rrree
beautifully clear image
my school to get our telescope etc working. The camera...
salinallina
Newbie Betta owner here.
I just put together my first betta tank. It's 2.5 gallons,...
Biinaboo, Zone 10, Naples, Gulf Coast
Stupid Walmart, i want to cry
I hate my walmart even more now than i did before....
Cheart99
Sponsored Products
Pape Opal Ribbed Satin Nickel Mini Pendant
$202.50 | Bellacor
Zuo Modern Caledonite Ceiling Lamp
ModernistLighting.com
Cream & Brown 'Every Love Story' Wall Sign
$17.99 | zulily
Area Rug: Effervescence Ocean 5' x 7' 6"
Home Depot
Dobby Bath Towel - LEAF
$66.00 | Horchow