Bristle worms

kevip711(8a)September 24, 2008

I was told and read that besides traps that the six line wrasse is the best was to rid of tank of these worms.. welcoming any comments or suggestions before I buy one of these fishes..

Thanks,

Kevin

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
triple_b(BC 5b)

Try seeking other sources for information or opinions in the meantime. This is a SLOW forum, sorry to say. I see the same threads, more or less unmoved, on page one for weeks.

Bookmark   September 24, 2008 at 1:37PM
kevip711(8a)

Yeah I know.. I went ahead and bought a wrasse and a trap but cant see any improvement at all.. the worms only come out at night and the wrasse goes to sleep.. the trap so far has caught nothing that I can tell.. I might be over-run with these worms soon.. I at first didnt know the white worms were bristle until they matured and turned tan or brown.. at first I thought they were harmless.. but I was wrong.. why are salt aquariums so hard? problem after problem.. first jelly fish, then diatoms,then aiptasias, then bristle worms.. still no corr algae after a year and a half.. I do everything I am told to no avail.. urg..

Here is a link that might be useful: my tank and site

Bookmark   September 30, 2008 at 12:59AM
triple_b(BC 5b)

how did you manage to get jellyfish? owch!

Bookmark   September 30, 2008 at 1:48PM
kevip711(8a)

I have no idea how I got the jelly fish.. I had thousands.. and they eventually all died off.. it amazed the Fish Store when I brought them in.. I dont know how I got the worms either.. I havent add anything to my tank in months..

Bookmark   September 30, 2008 at 9:03PM
triple_b(BC 5b)

Yikes jellyfish. you didn't find out you had them the hard way did you (by getting stung?)
I read up quickly on those and for people who keep them intentionally they require a very specialized set up.

Bookmark   October 2, 2008 at 5:01PM
kevip711(8a)

They were all baby jellies.. ployps.. and then they would mature and pop off and then pulsate through the aquarium.. I dont think that they were big enough to harm me.. but I am sure they did harm my corals.. glad they are gone.. but now worm problem.. still have a few aiptasias but they arent as troublesome.. the new wrasse is healthy and eating good but not sure he is eating the worms yet.. dont see any in the trap I bought..

Bookmark   October 3, 2008 at 12:28AM
triple_b(BC 5b)

think I will stick with my fresh water tropical for now.
I hope you defeat your worms soon. Good Luck.

Bookmark   October 3, 2008 at 8:57PM
kevip711(8a)

Besides some cheap tropical fish deaths.. I really have never had a big problem with my fresh water tank.. That tank I have is so easy to maintain compared to salt.. Salt takes dedication and time and money.. but tropical just isnt as eye pleasing.. anyway goodluck..

Bookmark   October 4, 2008 at 11:40PM
More Discussions
+91-9780225275 vashikaran specialsit bangali baba +91-9780225275
+91-9780225275 vashikaran specialsit bangali baba +91-9780225275...
Harsh Dev
Aquatic Plant ID
Hi, I have an aquarium, and awhile ago we put live...
Jessie Tyler
Do Bettas mix well with other fish?
I recently rescued two bettas from a pet store (male...
Kosplath
Male and Female Betta Together?
I am a college student and I love fish. Since I had...
newbettaowner
beautifully clear image
my school to get our telescope etc working. The camera...
salinallina
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™