Swim bladder disease?

jill1979September 14, 2006

I think my oranda has swim bladder disease. I thought she was dead as she was floating on her side at the top of the tank then I poked her and she started swimming fine again. How can I treat this? Any suggestions? I was going to give her some frozen peas and then maybe try fasting her, what do you think? I have had this fish for quite sometime now so I am very worried. My water is perfect. This fish has lived through the worst from a year ago, she outlasted my first days of starting a tank so I cannot beleive this is happening when everything is ok.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
birdwidow

Does the fish have any signs of external injury, or blood spots on it's body, or streaks in it's fins?

Is it eating: breathing normally?

Bookmark   September 15, 2006 at 2:36AM
jill1979

No, everything is fine with her. She is eating(she ate a pea also yesterday) and no external signs of anything anywhere.

Bookmark   September 15, 2006 at 8:37AM
jill1979

Oh, I forgot one thing, my fishes eyes are different one from the other. One has a silver cilrcle around it and the other is just black but it doesn't look like popeye. I soaked her sinking pellets this morning and started a maracyn two treatment just in case, any other suggestions?

Bookmark   September 15, 2006 at 10:57AM
More Discussions
Stupid Walmart, i want to cry
I hate my walmart even more now than i did before....
Cheart99
Weird Betta Behavior
Hey y'all. I have a question about my betta. He has...
tighebettalover
Catfish
i have a 1 year old, channel cat. She is a beauty....
thewallawallaian89
Male and Female Betta Together?
I am a college student and I love fish. Since I had...
newbettaowner
My Aquascape 375 round fronted tank
I have done several 5ft Aquascapes but this was the...
keithgh
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™