airstone wont sink grrr

SquirrelBallsOO(z6 PA)October 28, 2005

i bought this bubble disk today, its about a 2" circle, well it wont stay down it keeps floating. its been in the tank only a half hour does it need more time to get heavy and sink? i have no rocks handy to keep it down and the gravel is too light for it. help me, it looks bad floating

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
woeisme(z7b NC)

I have never used a disk so it "may" need to soak water before it sinks, but not likely. You can get airline holders to help. They clip around the airline and have suction cups to hold them to the glass. Put one under the gravel with your air supply line attached and stick it to the bottom glass, then bury it with gravel. Another option is rigid tubing. Instead of the flexible vinyl hose it is a clear acrylic tube, so it does not bend. You can use this as a "riser" and attach flexible tubeing to it. Or you can combine both methods. More than likely if the airstone somehow becomes heavy from water saturation, the air in the flexible tubing, with no suction clips will become buoyant and float to the top.

Bookmark   October 28, 2005 at 10:27PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lellie(z9 Anna Maria Island)

Mine did the same thing...I found a rock with an indentation on one side and laid it on top of the line.
Worked fine till my fish discovered it...they can move mountains! LOL
I finally switched it out for a regular wand-type.

Bookmark   October 29, 2005 at 11:17AM
More Discussions
Stupid Walmart, i want to cry
I hate my walmart even more now than i did before....
Cheart99
Weird Betta Behavior
Hey y'all. I have a question about my betta. He has...
tighebettalover
Is my Betta sick?
I've had my Betta fish for over 2 years now. Recently...
rrree
Black moor problems
My black moor had one of his eyes pop out, so I started...
jill1979
My Aquascape 375 round fronted tank
I have done several 5ft Aquascapes but this was the...
keithgh
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™