A. Rivieri

reet59(z3 MB)January 5, 2009

Hi!

I've planted a few bulbs of the rivieri, and the leaf has been growing beautifully (beneath a 600W metal hallide : 15 hour days). Suddenly, it has become completely yellow, and fading still it seems . . .. any ideas? Is this part of the plant's life cycle? Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bluebonsai101(6a PA)

This is the normal dormancy setting in....stop watering completely and allow it to fall over and then cut the petiole off......you can then dig up the tuber and see how much size it put on....be careful not to lose the offsets as they are rhizomatous in nature so can easily break away from momma. Best of luck with it......the species epithet is konjac by the way.....you are using an old name :o) Dan

Bookmark   January 5, 2009 at 8:26PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
reet59(z3 MB)

Amazing. That's sort of what I'd hoped. How much size does the tuber need to put on in order to start flowering. I see that something seems to have come up to the surface of the soil near the edge of the pot, and I wonder if it might be the start of some new progress? Hypothetically, if I don't dig anything up, and just leave it . . . what happens? (this realm of plant is quite new to me, clearly). Thanks!

Bookmark   January 7, 2009 at 12:26PM
More Discussions
Best place to buy?
I'm looking for Thai Giant, Borneo Giant, Jack's Giant,...
msbatt
Messed Up Looking Konjac Or ??? Help ID
Hey Is this just a damaged / messed up looking Konjac Some...
dethcheez
Got my new Philodendron 'joepii' today!
I was so excited to get my new philodendron 'joepii'...
MonsteraMan
How to manage Alocasia poly tubers?
As the lower leaves on my Alocasia poly died over time,...
greentoe357
P. erubescens: smaller and ever smaller
Hello, all. I acquired this plant two years ago, not...
fakechuchi
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™