Unknown Amorphophallus species - need help

MonsteraMan(5)January 12, 2013

I recently acquired a small amophophallus tuber like the one pictured from Thailand. I have no clue of any info on it other than just seeing the picture. If anyone recognizes it and knows anything about it, I'd appreciate the help! I blurred out the name of the business that was across the picture to protect their identity. Please let me know! Thanks all!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tropicbreezent

It's an Amorphophallus paeoniifolius, but it's been "doctored". Some one has cut out the top of the spathe leaving the flowering part at the bottom. This is a photo of mine in flower.

Bookmark   January 14, 2013 at 6:34AM
MonsteraMan(5)

Thanks for your help! That's the only amorph that looked close to it. Makes sense. That is a species that I don't have but wanted also, so it works out!

Bookmark   January 15, 2013 at 11:13AM
tropicbreezent

A 'slip of the tongue', I meant to say the SPADIX was cut off, not the spathe. Didn't notice that until I re-read it just now. They're very common here, they're a native. I had some fill brought in and a big plant of A. paeoniifolius came up out of it last year. I already had about 100 plants anyway.

Bookmark   January 16, 2013 at 7:03AM
grabmebymyhandle(6 Kentucky)

I been lookin at those on ebay wondering what that could be...it makes sense now...

Bookmark   January 20, 2013 at 9:53PM
More Discussions
Aglaonema
Anyone know the name of this Aglaonema hybrid? Only...
russ_fla
Aglaonema rescue
I just got this off the discount rack at Loews. It...
Sans2014
Philodendrons in poor shape
I have two philodendrons which I'm concerned about....
patchyjack
What do you do when Arum italicum naps?
I have a good size area blanketed in arum in the shade...
nonconformist_nymphette
How to manage Alocasia poly tubers?
As the lower leaves on my Alocasia poly died over time,...
greentoe357
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™