Price check please!!!

argus(9B / 10A)February 27, 2006

Hi,

I talked to a guy on e-bay who has an 11# tuber that I assume is a konjak. He wants $100 + $29 s/h. I'm anxious to get a flowering size plant, but I'm not sure on the price, as this is the most common of Amorphos.

Thanks,

Argus

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bluebonsai101(6a PA)

Argus, in my opinion that is complete silliness!!! A 3 pound to 5 pound konjac is easily blooming size and $100 for a konjac is simply ludicrous unless you simply have tons of extra money you want to spend!!! Buy a 3 pound one for $15-25 (MAX) and watch it bloom this spring (mine are all blooming now) and then have the pleasure of growing it to 5-10 pounds this coming summer....save tons of money, get a bloom and have fun growing it on.....at least that is my opinion....best of luck with your decision :o) Dan

Bookmark   February 28, 2006 at 8:12AM
kwoods(Cold z7 Long Is)

I'm w/ Dan. For $100 bucks it better do a little dance or something in addition to blooming.

Bookmark   February 28, 2006 at 10:02AM
argus(9B / 10A)

Thanks a lot!

I guess I'm just way too anxious to get a blooming size plant. I'll just be patient with the little guys I've got. Last year, I didn't know to cut off offset growth to have a large tuber, so instead of anything getting bigger, I just dug up two or three plants the size of my original one. This year I'm concentrating for maximum growth, so hopefully next year I'll have some flowering size plants.

Argus

Bookmark   February 28, 2006 at 11:28AM
kwoods(Cold z7 Long Is)

Fertilize, fertilize, fertilize.

And, keep hitting HD, I found one w/ a huge petiole there late in the season last year for $20. Turned out it was a huge tuber and will blossom this year. Wouldn't have bought it but it was around six feet tall. Already had a few but couldn't help "freeing" the poor sucker.

Bookmark   February 28, 2006 at 12:55PM
handspeakboy(z7seattle)

My advice is stick with the ones you have... OR... by a cheap 4 incher .. something that is one or two seasons away from blooming . and Let them grow like mad until they are blooming size. Not only will it cost you much less.. But it will also feel much better to have a giant amazing flower that you grew yourself.

Chris

Bookmark   February 28, 2006 at 7:57PM
More Discussions
Alocasia Colocasia
Can any one ID this for me its supposed to be alocasia...
Oztony1963
Need identification and care instructions
This plant came up out of nowhere in 2005 and comes...
tlynn10
Anyone growing Philodendron pedatum?
I just recently purchased a juvenile Philodendron pedatum. It...
summersunlight
Pothos, the real one
I'm still away from home and have been doing quite...
tropicbreezent
Amorphophallus galbra
Rob, There's a maximum of 150 posts on a thread and...
tropicbreezent
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™