guppies

david713December 16, 2006

hey i have guppies now and i have about 24 fry in a 5 and 1/2 gallon with live plants a heater and an air pump and gravel so ho wlong till they start showing true colors only about 2 are because they r the oldest about over a month old the kings of the tank and the biggest one of the oldest is showing orange pink like the other two but the other two show black in their tails but idk if they will grow im oatient but i think its because b-4 i put them in the 5 and 1/2 gallon i had them in little bowls dat were cold and dirty and crowded so? yeah well no wthey are pretty big i copied this message from an old one i made but yeah when till they get colors and how to tell sexes

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
imaginators(z6 KY)

David,
Congratulations on your fries. If you watch the adult guppies in action, you can easily tell who is the male. He is the one with the pretty colors and the female is bland looking. Also the male is always chasing the females for spawning. This type of fish is continually multiplying on a yearly basis. I would consider getting a larger tank for your many guppies. Many of the fries do not survive after birth for several reason. Some get eaten up by another larger fish, poor water conditions, improper feeding or the fry is not stable enough to mature.
Theresa

Bookmark   December 27, 2006 at 10:16PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
david713

ok thanks but how do u tell the sexes from the fry they are still small oh and ive got 4 males and two females i think i should get more females

Bookmark   January 5, 2007 at 8:02PM
More Discussions
beautifully clear image
my school to get our telescope etc working. The camera...
salinallina
Beta fish becoming anti social
Hey experts I'm new in desperate need for advice for...
hurleygurlie932
Interested in getting into aquaponics ...
The common freshwater yabby (Cherax destructor) is...
Skie_M
split leaf philodendron in aquarium
I would like to plant a split leaf philodendron (monstera...
nlbennert
Stupid Walmart, i want to cry
I hate my walmart even more now than i did before....
Cheart99
Sponsored Products
Bubble Guppies Kids Roller Skate with Knee Pads - 159935
$29.99 | Hayneedle
Boeing 377 Stratocruiser PAA - KB377T
$184.85 | Hayneedle
SwimWays Gobble Gobble Guppies Pool Toys Multicolor - 12031
$15.99 | Hayneedle
Marina 3 in 1 Guppy Trap - 10933
$20.99 | Hayneedle
SwimWays Gobble Gobble Guppies - 12031
$22.95 | Hayneedle