Does Anyone Know Anything About Troy Davis?

susanlynne48(OKC7a)February 3, 2006

Just wondering.

Susan

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
raymikematt(z7b SC)

Susan,
I think Wilbert Hetterscheid said in one of the recent Aroid-L posts that Troy hadnt got all the official papers he needed to collect/ship plants in Indonesia so he temporarily shut down operations until he could get them all together. I guess thats whats going on..
Michael M.

Bookmark   February 3, 2006 at 10:22PM
susanlynne48(OKC7a)

Just wondered because apparently there are some people who believe he absconded with money and plants. I hope that is not the case. Disclaimer: this is merely rumor and not fact, so I do not want to damage Troy's reputation or hurt anyone's feelings in regard to this situation. I had also heard he had returned to Australia.

Susan

Bookmark   February 4, 2006 at 11:54AM
wolflover(z7 OK)

Susan,
I've bought from Troy before and all I can say is he was great!!! He certainly did me right and replaced everything that was damaged in shipping through no fault of his. I can't say enough good about him and I would not hesitate to buy from him again. I hate to see anyone spreading rumors about him without knowing the facts. Give him time, I think he will come through...
Dawna

Bookmark   February 5, 2006 at 1:42PM
susanlynne48(OKC7a)

I don't want to see them spread either, but I think it's too late. It's all over the Aroid-l. I am hoping that he comes thru very soon to dispel all these rumors and to handle the money issues asap. I know one of the people involved and this person is as honest as the day is long, Dawna. I just really hate to see any of this happening. I'm always willing to give people a second chance and to wait until I hear otherwise. I hope that NONE of this is true.

Susan

Bookmark   February 5, 2006 at 1:54PM
grrrnthumb(z8 WA)

Troy's a great guy! I've had great sucess with ordering from him & I know he takes better care of his buyers than almost anyone in any industry I've ever seen. He really cares about getting you great plants & making sure they thrive for you.
I've seen him time & again completely take care of buyers for all sorts of different reasons, some of them questionable on the part of the buyer. I think his long term 110% service has earned him the benefit of the doubt for a temprary interuption of service like this. :)

Bookmark   February 9, 2006 at 3:30PM
snowspassion(b9 CA El Cajon)

I had a whole page dedicated to Troy on my website. He also owes me money....and 2 or 3 others. I used to speak with him by email a few times a week unless he was out collecting plants. All of a sudden, I didn't hear from him. It's been over 4 months. He has not returned any of my emails. I got emails from people that paid for plants and ordered from Troy because of my his info on my site. I am the one that posted the Troy stuff on Aroid-l. It's one thing to be a great guy like Troy used to be.....very honest & funny. Until he makes good on all of his deals, I will only speak the truth and state the facts as I know them....which isn't looking too good right now.
He is now running a coffee business in Australia...he's got a website up and everything.

Snow

Here is a link that might be useful: Snow's Exotics

Bookmark   February 9, 2006 at 7:44PM
susanlynne48(OKC7a)

So sorry this is happening, Snow. That's all I can say. Hopefully, things will work out for everyone involved.

Susan

Bookmark   February 10, 2006 at 11:46AM
rubbleshop(UK zone 9)

I was in the middle of some friendly correspondance by email with him 8th December, no sale involved, when he suddenly disappeared mid conversation. His wife Izumi, had previously said he was just about to go to Jawa. I assumed that was where he was. Now his website has disappeared and his email address started to bounce as well.

I do hope nothing nasty happened to him. He does live in a nasty area of tropical diseases, fly borne gangrenes, poison things which bite and earthquakes!

Bookmark   February 26, 2006 at 5:37PM
More Discussions
A. Konjac - what should I expect
Here is a picture of my A. Konjac that I purchased...
espor
What do you do when Arum italicum naps?
I have a good size area blanketed in arum in the shade...
Kristin
Anyone growing Philodendron pedatum?
I just recently purchased a juvenile Philodendron pedatum. It...
summersunlight
Need identification and care instructions
This plant came up out of nowhere in 2005 and comes...
tlynn10
Alocasia Colocasia
Can any one ID this for me its supposed to be alocasia...
Oztony1963
Sponsored Products
Gen-Lite Ribbon Chrome Four-Light Pendant Light
$222.75 | LuxeDecor
Royal Fancy Historical Gold Wood Curtain Rod Set
Overstock.com
Troy Lighting Dexter Modern Contempo Outdoor Wall Light
1800Lighting
Outdoor Lighting. Madison Collection Wall-Mount 1-Light Outdoor Stone Light Fixt
$39.00 | Home Depot
Designer Lamp Finial
Ballard Designs
King Lanai Coverlet 112" x 97" - WHITE/ WHITE
$250.00 | Horchow
Free Pad New Persian Runner Balouch Hand Knotted Wool Red Veg Dyed Area R
BH Sun Inc
Outdoor Parkdale Rug in Sunbrella Green White Wicker - 5' x 8'
$599.00 | FRONTGATE
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™